“One word - Gross” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Takoma Park

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Takoma Park to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Takoma Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7411 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 2, Takoma Park, MD 20912   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Takoma Park
Boston, Massachusetts
“One word - Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

There were prostitudes outside my hotel room knocking! When they left, I realized there were flying bugs flying everywhere! They were small, but there were so many! I would have opened the window, but there were bums fighting outside and I was SCARED! When I woke up, two used condoms fell out of the mattress. The bathroom was a whole different story I went to take a shower and there were hairs everywhere when I went to get out I grabbed a towel that was covered in brown stains and urine this was so disgusting I had to blow dry myself took I was dry. When I walked outside to grab something fro. My car there people breaking into, they ran away and went into the car I saw yet another used condom this was the worst hotels ever I left the next morning and Never going to return. Also I asked for my money back and the managèr told me to hit the road. How rude!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here and sleep on the street. A much better room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

My room had to be switched 3 times, because room was very cold, and heater was not working. Staff could have been more customer friendly. Did not have microwave or refrigerator in room. I traveled 5 hrs to visit friends and to have a great time only to be disappointed by the hotel. The only great thing about this situation was that the IHOP and the Carribean Market were very close by. You guys either need to get it together, or shut down. Will not suggest your hotel to any of my friends. SORRY ~!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Takoma Park hotels

Mississauga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

when I made my reservation with choicehotels, this hotel sounded like it was good especially for families. I was so disappointed- the reception area looks ok but the room was bad- bathtub filthy- I had to clean it myself so we can use it, we can hear peoples voices from the bathroom vent, leaky taps, uncleaned floors, l couldn't use plugs to charge our batteries for camera, the coffee machine in the room won't work where it was so I had to unplugged it and moved it to the bathroom counter so we can make some coffee. Bad pillows- too old and chunky. Breakfast was served in the lobby area- not much of a choice- some old muffin (tiny ones), a bit of cereal, old bagel and oranges served in a basket with fruit flies circling around. I informed the lady at the reception since she was also standing beside us choosing what to eat for breakfast. I showed her the oranges that are rotten and the fruit flies- she looked at them and walked away. Nothing was done to it. It was so disgusting to be offered by a hotel some kind of stale and rotten food for breakfast!!! Please do not include breakfast as complimentary because no one can eat them anyways!!!
Thank goodness we only had to stay for a night, otherwise it could had been a nightmare for us.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

DO NOT stay here unless you are into prostitution or smoking crack! What a dump! Pillow cases were covered with nasty oily stains, the tub had burn marks all over it, bedspread was covered with hair. Spent an anxious night worrying about the safety of our car and listening to the 'ho' downstairs turning her tricks. Spotted empty crack bags in the stairwell as we were running for our car to escape! Should have realized this place was no good when the front desk person was standing behind a bulletproof shield!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel because of its price. When I woke up in the morning I discovered my car had been broken into. Not only did they stole my radio and my GPS, but they also wrecked the car completely. They broke the windshield and one of the headlights. They even peed on my documents.The staff was completely indifferent to my situation. This place should not be in business.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — My car was vandalized
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

IM NOT GOING TO GET TOO INTO DETAILED BECAUSE MY COMPUTE KEEPS SHUTTING OFF BUT ALL THE REVIEWS BELOW ARE TRUE

""IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE HOTEL ENTRAPMENT BOOK HERE FAST LOL""
this hotel is not worth more than 50 dollars

disgusting food everywhere in hall ways after i told the front desk hekicked to the corner

the next morning after i woke up i pulled the covers back and someones undies fell to the floor

the hotel is nasty and hazardous

a couple dayswent by i had i2 itchy bumps on both of my elbows both arms the exact spoti guess something i leaned on

now i am here once again hoping for a better room but not at all and they wont even give a refund i was not in room for 5 minutes

DONT VISIT THIS HOTEL TRUST ME AND ALL THE OTHER REVIEWS

• Liked — i hop across the street
  • Disliked — everything to do with the hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Takoma Park
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night because our electricity went out in our home. We rented a jacuzzi suite which from the title we thought was going to be a decent room. This was the worst night I have ever had in a hotel/motel in my life. The bed was dirty, the pillows were dirty, and the jacuzzi only half worked. When we told the front desk they said they didn't have any more pillows or rooms left. So we asked for our money back. We couldn't get that. We asked for the return policy, they didn't have one. We asked for the manager which the cleark called, the manager gave him no direction and told the clerk to not call him back. The clerk said the manager would be there in the morning. We stayed the one night and when we checked out the manager was not there. We were told to come back or call later. Well, I called the manager and well he was no better help at all. If you stay here, you will be risking your own health an well-being because what ever we could see with our eyes as far as the dirt and dingyness, I'm sure there were much worst things lying around that we could not see. I did take photos I will be adding them later.

• Liked — I liked that is was right down the street from my home and has a pool.
  • Disliked — Staff (Clerks & Manager), Room, Jacuzzi, Bed
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge Takoma Park? Share your experiences!