“Perfect place to stay, cozy and convenient- Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takoma Park
Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
703 New York Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20910   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Perfect place to stay, cozy and convenient- Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Charming Victorian, warm and friendly inn keeper, easy parking and metro access, quiet neighborhood. There is nothing that this place lacks. I stayed in the smallest room which was bigger than many older house B and B s where I have stayed in the past. I got in late the first night and there was a cat curled up in front of the fireplace. I plopped my self down and let the warmth, original wood and antiques transport me to another world and time, where kindness and simple pleasures ruled and beltway tension melted away. Don't miss this gem!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The inn keeper is really nice & welcoming. The bathroom was really nice as well with heated floors (we stayed in the Kai). However, for us, the cons outweighed the pros. The first night we stayed at the EMI was when I realized we made a mistake by staying here. We were very cold. We asked the innkeeper about turning on the radiator heater in the room. She said the heat was set at 68 degrees, meanwhile it was 54 degrees outside. Then she told us to grab some of her old blankets in the closet, which we did not want to use. 20 minutes later she finally decided to bring us a heater we could use. The stairs are really old and creaky & you can hear when someone is walking up or down them, so if you're a light sleeper, forget about a good nights rest. The sheets & bedding are SO OLD! They have brown stains on them! She couldn't even have enough decency for her business to buy new bedding for customers! They were cleaned, but old. We brought our own blankets. She didn't ask if we needed new towels for the bathroom nor did she pick up or take out our used ones. Thank GOD we brought our own! We had no more washcloths after the first night! There are no locks on the doors & sometimes she is not there, so there may be other guests there alone with your things & the back door is kept open all day until the last guest comes in for the night. Francoise's stuff is EVERYWHERE! In the closets, all over the bathroom; however it is neat & tucked away. This is an old, smelly house she's trying to pass off as a nice place to stay. If you are expecting hotel standard, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Also, if you like your privacy & you do not like to stay with others, DO NOT STAY HERE!! Grab a hotel somewhere else. (We did not eat breakfast--the food & house smelled disgusting). Because of this experience, I WILL NEVER STAY AT A B&B AGAIN!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
La Verne, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here for a long Fall weekend. Francoise could not have been more welcoming or kind. The house is beautiful inside and out. Lovely antiques and very comfortable bed. The bathroom in our room was larger than some B&B bed rooms that we stayed in in Ireland (no offense meant to Ireland); the shower was definitly larger than most Irish bathrooms! All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast is a home away from home . . . and more! It has character and history. Our hostess Francoise, is a notch above the rest -- caring, considerate, and passionate about making her guests feel welcome. The location is perfect for those looking for a romantic escape close to Washington, DC or for those coming from overseas who want to be in a comfortable environment in a charmingly quaint community. Exquisite furniture and works of art are a bonus as you enjoy your cup of coffee in the living room. And yes, the bathroom is an experience of elegance, too. Thank you for making our reunion (after 30 years) very special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This place is idea for young (18-21) people who are short on cash. There are no amenities, its a smelly house, with extremely uncomfortable beds and old furniture. I strongly recommend you look around Takoma Park for another place to stay before booking here.

Room Tip: Rooms in another Bed & Breakfast or Hotel!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn over our wedding weekend and it was the perfect place to spend those fun and hectic days. Francoise is unruffled by anything and truly invites you to treat the place as your home. I had several girlfriends and relatives over while I was getting ready and then our entire families gathered in her house to take our family photos before the wedding. Francoise was very gracious and her home is a beautiful place to take pictures. The breakfasts were great and very welcome considering I don't know if I would have had a chance to eat those days otherwise! We stayed in the Pheonix and the bathroom is to die for. Her home is beautiful and has a lot of character. The atmosphere is very relaxed and pleasant and I am so glad we stayed there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had a short notice conference to attend in Washington, DC and needed a place to stay the night before. I started searching the internet for B&Bs close to the metro and found Etta Mae Inn. What a delight! I called and the innkeeper, Ms. Francoise, and found that she had availability for me. I told her that I would not arrive until 11 pm, due to another previously scheduled meeting. She was up when I arrived, greeted me with a smile and was very warm and friendly. The room was very clean, well-appointed and had an adjacent bathroom that was very modern for this charming older home! The mattress was perfect for me-firm and the linens were high quality. In the morning, she prepared breakfast for me at the time I needed, and even brought me to the metro herself! I would recommend Etta Mae Inn to anyone needing a personal touch for a stay in and around DC! Francoise is wonderful and very experienced at her work. It is apparent she loves to help and care for others!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!