“A Cozy Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takoma Park
Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
703 New York Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20910   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Frederick, Maryland
“A Cozy Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had a short notice conference to attend in Washington, DC and needed a place to stay the night before. I started searching the internet for B&Bs close to the metro and found Etta Mae Inn. What a delight! I called and the innkeeper, Ms. Francoise, and found that she had availability for me. I told her that I would not arrive until 11 pm, due to another previously scheduled meeting. She was up when I arrived, greeted me with a smile and was very warm and friendly. The room was very clean, well-appointed and had an adjacent bathroom that was very modern for this charming older home! The mattress was perfect for me-firm and the linens were high quality. In the morning, she prepared breakfast for me at the time I needed, and even brought me to the metro herself! I would recommend Etta Mae Inn to anyone needing a personal touch for a stay in and around DC! Francoise is wonderful and very experienced at her work. It is apparent she loves to help and care for others!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

another wonderful holiday at the etta mae inn with francoise and her fantastic breakfasts.
Our room the keira was very comfortable, and francoise breakfasts with her homemade muffins were always looked forward to. as usual a home from home

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Exeter, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn B & B several months ago and we found our stay outstanding in every way. Our room was lovely the bathroom was beyond belief i.e. fixtures, size. Out hostess and owner could not have been more helpful and she made us a beautifully prepared breakfast. My brother lives nearby so hopefully we can make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Newport, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I have frequented many lovely B&Bs. After reading reviews on the EMI, we decided to make a reservation. Out of all of the B&Bs we've had the opportunity to frequent, nothing could have prepared us for EMI. The grounds as well as the house are in need of repair. Had this been billed as a youth/elder hostel we would have been prepared. However, it was one of the more expensive B&Bs we stayed at, so our disappointed was even more profound. The innkeeper is a lovely woman, but our sense is that she has never stayed at a B&B before she decided to open the EMI. I can only echo the comments from other reviewers about the state of the house, rooms, and the grounds. Nothing elegant here. And, the breakfast was so underwhelming. Instead of having a lovely meal planned for the morning, the question was "how do you want your eggs?". Sad.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed for the second time, this time 3 days, in their new largest guest room. The new bath is huge, very luxurious with a very nice shower for 2. As always the bed was fine, the room comfortable, the food excellent, and the hostess very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet but convenient in Tacoma Park; not too many like it nearby. The hostess makes you feel part of the family. It's an old house, well preserved, not fancy but warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the new large guest room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I were very excited to find a B&B just a few blocks from the heart of Silver Spring. The house and grounds are right out of a storybook. Francoise made us feel right at home and we loved the accommodations and the great breakfast.

Whenever we return to DC this is definitely the place we be staying!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My stay at the Etta Mae Inn over the past four months (July through October 2010) has been a real pleasure and I unequivocally endorse it. As a business traveler that has frequented many parts of world and a contrarian by nature, I’m not one of the “fill in the survey” people. In this case, I make an exception. Quite simply, this quaint Inn is an excellent place to be located when you want to stay within walking distance to downtown Silver Spring or ride the Metro to Washington, D.C. as in my case working for a local business and being from out of town. And more important, the Inn is a great place to come ‘home’ when you’re not home. If you’re a “frequent flier” with a brand name hotel chain, and I’m one of those, this is a great alternative. Francoise, the Inn’s host really makes this already charming 1890 Victorian Inn even more charming. Besides being quite, clean and having all the amenities that one would reasonably expect staying at a high quality B&B, enjoying a home away from home is, well, priceless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!