“another wonderful holiday with francoise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takoma Park
Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
703 New York Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20910   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“another wonderful holiday with francoise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

another wonderful holiday at the etta mae inn with francoise and her fantastic breakfasts.
Our room the keira was very comfortable, and francoise breakfasts with her homemade muffins were always looked forward to. as usual a home from home

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Exeter, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed at the Etta Mae Inn B & B several months ago and we found our stay outstanding in every way. Our room was lovely the bathroom was beyond belief i.e. fixtures, size. Out hostess and owner could not have been more helpful and she made us a beautifully prepared breakfast. My brother lives nearby so hopefully we can make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Newport, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

My husband and I have frequented many lovely B&Bs. After reading reviews on the EMI, we decided to make a reservation. Out of all of the B&Bs we've had the opportunity to frequent, nothing could have prepared us for EMI. The grounds as well as the house are in need of repair. Had this been billed as a youth/elder hostel we would have been prepared. However, it was one of the more expensive B&Bs we stayed at, so our disappointed was even more profound. The innkeeper is a lovely woman, but our sense is that she has never stayed at a B&B before she decided to open the EMI. I can only echo the comments from other reviewers about the state of the house, rooms, and the grounds. Nothing elegant here. And, the breakfast was so underwhelming. Instead of having a lovely meal planned for the morning, the question was "how do you want your eggs?". Sad.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed for the second time, this time 3 days, in their new largest guest room. The new bath is huge, very luxurious with a very nice shower for 2. As always the bed was fine, the room comfortable, the food excellent, and the hostess very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet but convenient in Tacoma Park; not too many like it nearby. The hostess makes you feel part of the family. It's an old house, well preserved, not fancy but warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the new large guest room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I were very excited to find a B&B just a few blocks from the heart of Silver Spring. The house and grounds are right out of a storybook. Francoise made us feel right at home and we loved the accommodations and the great breakfast.

Whenever we return to DC this is definitely the place we be staying!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My stay at the Etta Mae Inn over the past four months (July through October 2010) has been a real pleasure and I unequivocally endorse it. As a business traveler that has frequented many parts of world and a contrarian by nature, I’m not one of the “fill in the survey” people. In this case, I make an exception. Quite simply, this quaint Inn is an excellent place to be located when you want to stay within walking distance to downtown Silver Spring or ride the Metro to Washington, D.C. as in my case working for a local business and being from out of town. And more important, the Inn is a great place to come ‘home’ when you’re not home. If you’re a “frequent flier” with a brand name hotel chain, and I’m one of those, this is a great alternative. Francoise, the Inn’s host really makes this already charming 1890 Victorian Inn even more charming. Besides being quite, clean and having all the amenities that one would reasonably expect staying at a high quality B&B, enjoying a home away from home is, well, priceless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I could write pages of my wonderful stay at the Etta Mae Inn and of my lovely hostess. Starting my day with freshly made muffins, hot coffee, and fruit was delightful. From the dinning room table I could see the sprinkled array of beautiful flowers with huge blooms and the wrap around veranda set against a spacious lawn. My room was furnished with decorative antiques that complemented the history of the home. After a long day of seeing the sights, it was a relief to refresh in the clean bathroom and relax in my comfortable bed. When returning to Takoma Park my stay will be at the Etta Mae Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Been to Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!