“Really nice B&B in a convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Takoma Park
Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
703 New York Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20910   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Takoma Park B&B and Inns
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Really nice B&B in a convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed for the second time, this time 3 days, in their new largest guest room. The new bath is huge, very luxurious with a very nice shower for 2. As always the bed was fine, the room comfortable, the food excellent, and the hostess very friendly and helpful. The location is quiet but convenient in Tacoma Park; not too many like it nearby. The hostess makes you feel part of the family. It's an old house, well preserved, not fancy but warm and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the new large guest room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I were very excited to find a B&B just a few blocks from the heart of Silver Spring. The house and grounds are right out of a storybook. Francoise made us feel right at home and we loved the accommodations and the great breakfast.

Whenever we return to DC this is definitely the place we be staying!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

My stay at the Etta Mae Inn over the past four months (July through October 2010) has been a real pleasure and I unequivocally endorse it. As a business traveler that has frequented many parts of world and a contrarian by nature, I’m not one of the “fill in the survey” people. In this case, I make an exception. Quite simply, this quaint Inn is an excellent place to be located when you want to stay within walking distance to downtown Silver Spring or ride the Metro to Washington, D.C. as in my case working for a local business and being from out of town. And more important, the Inn is a great place to come ‘home’ when you’re not home. If you’re a “frequent flier” with a brand name hotel chain, and I’m one of those, this is a great alternative. Francoise, the Inn’s host really makes this already charming 1890 Victorian Inn even more charming. Besides being quite, clean and having all the amenities that one would reasonably expect staying at a high quality B&B, enjoying a home away from home is, well, priceless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I could write pages of my wonderful stay at the Etta Mae Inn and of my lovely hostess. Starting my day with freshly made muffins, hot coffee, and fruit was delightful. From the dinning room table I could see the sprinkled array of beautiful flowers with huge blooms and the wrap around veranda set against a spacious lawn. My room was furnished with decorative antiques that complemented the history of the home. After a long day of seeing the sights, it was a relief to refresh in the clean bathroom and relax in my comfortable bed. When returning to Takoma Park my stay will be at the Etta Mae Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

When traveling I always try to seek out the independent hotels, b&bs etc. I've never been so disappointed as my stay at the Etta Mae Inn. The inn keeper is obnoxious (and I have many European friends -- this is not a cultural thing) and made thinly veiled racist comments. One evening she got very drunk and held us hostage with conversation - actually conversation would imply we could get a word in edgewise... not the case.

The house is dirty (not rustic) and smells like big, wet dog (i love dogs, but this is too much) the doors do not have locks and you can hear everyone walk by in the middle of the night.

During our visit our plans changed and we had to extend our stay -- instead of staying at the Inn we slept on a friend's air mattress on her living room floor which was much more enjoyable.

Bottom line the inn keeper is so incredibly unwelcoming, so obnoxious, and keeps a filthy house. DO NOT STAY here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed at the etta mae inn with my husband. We had business in DC but were also in town for pleasure. The inn is located just outside the city, but still on the metro line, which is a 10-15 minute walk from the inn. The inn is in a beautiful neighborhood, ideal for running or strolling. Unlike most accommodations in DC proper, parking was safe, off street and free. The innkeeper was gracious and eager to please, but in no way obtrusive.There were some children, but they were in no way a disturbance and added to the character of the inn. Breakfast was delicious, home made muffins, eggs cooked to perfection and fresh fruit. I would without a doubt return to the inn the next time I am in town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Based on the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor, I booked two nights at the Etta Mae Inn on March 12 and 13 and was delighted that I did. I believe this Inn is a real treasure find. It's intimate with currently only two guest rooms. Because of the Inn's popularity, the owner, Francoise, is planning to add a third guest room. The Inn itself is set on a large property well back from the road in a quiet, safe neighborhood. The bed in my room was incredibly comfortable. I go to bed early and I appreciated what a sound sleep I had both nights. As others have mentioned, the heated marble floor in the bathroom was wonderful. The breakfasts were delicious and served individually at the time the guests request. On the days I were there breakfast included fresh fruit (cantelope) two juices, bacon and eggs made to order, gourmet muffins, special jams and jellies, and coffee or tea plus cereal if one chose. One day (after it stopped raining) I chose to walk to the Takoma Park Metro Station which took me about 20 minutes through beautiful neighborhoods. (I understand the Silver Spring Metro is even closer but I already knew the way to Takoma Park) From there, the Metro ride to Union Station and the Mall was only another 20 minutes. As a solo traveler, I appreciated that Francoise was there to greet me both evenings. She is friendly without being intrusive and made me feel very welcome. Her dog Haley never barked and her cats were unobtrusive (and never allowed into guest rooms.) Her Inn provides a wonderful respite and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Etta Mae Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!