“pleasant change from normal business travel” 5 of 5 stars

Inn At Norwood
7514 Norwood Avenue, Sykesville, MD   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sykesville
North Carolina
“pleasant change from normal business travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I had a wonderful stay. Everything was very clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was terrific each morning and the inn keepers were both very friendly and helpful I booked the the Winter room and really enjoyed the fire place and the whirlpool tub (which was so clean it looked new). It was a nice change to take a relaxing soak after meetings each day.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hampstead, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

If you want to relax and not be on a schedule then do not go to this Inn. We were 45 minutes late for breakfast and ended up walking out hungry. We were told that "We said 9am and nothing was left." I felt like I was bothering the Inn owner when we arrived and left. SO with having 3 kids that had to go to grandmom and 2 dogs to get to a kennel we're sometimes tired/late?? I just wasn't impressed.....

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I stayed in the loft for our wedding night. I wasn't sure how she'd take it, because she was thinking we'd stay at the Hay Adams or the Regis in DC. Was kind of going out on a limb, but thought she'd like it more. Needless to say, both she and I loved it. It's quiet, secluded, beautifully decorated, and very spacious. We arrived late and were greeted by a bouquet of flowers, a box of local chocolates, chapagne, petals on the bed, and a hand-written note by the owners expressing their congratulations. The next morning we went to the main house for a breakfast of strawberry french toast, fruit, scones, pastries, juice, and coffee, served by the owner (who was also very attentive).

Better than anything downtown -more spacious, more beautiful, and much more attentive and personal service, at only 1/4 the price! HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Kingsville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

My husband and I did not know what to expect since we had never been to a B&B. We were greeted promptly and felt very welcome immediately. Kelly and Steve made us feel right at home our entire stay. Our room was beautiful as was the entire house. The house that they totally rehabed is gorgeous... and you can see the love they put into it. I look forward to visiting The Inn at Norwood again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Silvervanilla33
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

For our first anniversary and my birthday, my husband and I wanted to stay at a local B&B to get away and relax. We decided to stay at the Inn at Norwood because it got great reviews and the bedrooms we saw on the website were beautiful. From June 2nd to June 4th and from July 6th to July 8th, we stayed there and had a great time.

We stayed in the winter room for our first anniversary. The bed is very comfortable, the bedroom is decorated beautifully, and the tub is so large that my husband and I were able to lie comfortably inside it together. The tub is actually a corner tub and is a part of the room. In the bathroom, there is a separate shower. The fireplace was lovely and added to romantic ambiance of the room.

We stayed in both the summer and the fall room for my birthday. These rooms were lovely as well; however, the winter room is still my favorite. The summer and fall rooms, like each room at the Inn at Norwood, has a two person Jacuzzi tub (an amenity I can’t go without when I’m on vacation). Each room at the B&B is uniquely decorated, comfortable, and beautiful.

Stevon and Kelly Crum were great hosts. We wanted to see the B&B before we stayed, and they were kind enough to take time to show us around the B&B and into the rooms. Being a big hot chocolate fan, I loved their selection of hot chocolate and how my husband and I were able to make hot chocolate anytime of the day to enjoy in our rooms. The innkeepers also keep a jar of delicious chocolate chip cookies full for their guests, and they have a room full of old and fun arcade games and board games. Their dog, Macey, is very sweet and well behaved: a great addition to the B&B.

Breakfast was delicious. Since we stayed four different nights, we were able to taste each breakfast option available. Although I normally do not like eggs, I loved their egg soufflé. All the food there was absolutely delicious. I wish I would have written this review sooner, so I could give it the praise it deserves.

There are a few attractions in Sykesville, but the purpose of our trips to Sykesville was to just relax and enjoy a luxurious room. If you are looking for a great get away near Carroll County, Maryland, Inn at Norwood is the place to stay.

• Liked — Great comfortable rooms with large tubs.
  • Disliked — Being sick on my anniversary and the rain. Everything else was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2007

We only live about 35 minutes from Sykesville, but was amazed at how quaint the town is. We check in to "The Loft", which is detached from the house and above the garage. It is a beautifully richly decorated room with all of the amenities. Kelly, the inn keeper and her mom Eva were a delight and the dog was as friendly as can be. We went up for my husbands birthday as a surprise and he thought it was great. They had all of the little touches, nice lighting, big jaccuzi and just so very romantic. The house had been renovated and is gorgeous and the town is very small but friendly and great antique shops, clock shops and Baldwin Station was a wonderful place for a romantic birthday dinner for two. Will go back again!

• Liked — How private everything was and rustic and quaint
  • Disliked — If you use the loft, be ready to climb stoney steps (just about 11 of them)
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

Wonderful Bed and Breakfast. I liked everything about it. Our room the Loft was so romantic, all of the little touches everywhere. It was magnificent, and so hard for us to drag ourselves home (and we only live a few miles away). We loved playing in the antique game room as well. Fabulous people and great property. We will be back.

• Liked — The Loft guest room!
  • Disliked — too short of a stay
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Inn At Norwood? Share your experiences!