“My favorite place to relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanton
Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake
105 Monastery Way, Swanton, MD 21561   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Swanton B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was our second trip to the inn in as many years. I plan on it becoming an annual event! The new innkeeper, Mark, was very friendly and helpful. I was unnecessarily worried that the previous innkeepers, Richard and Virginia, were gone. The service was just as impeccable.

All of the rooms are beautiful. Our favorite is #6 which is actually right next to the breakfast room. Maybe the guests are unusually quiet but we have not been disturbed by anyone. "Our" room is a bit larger than some of the others with a spacious bathroom. It does not have a private balcony but we don't mind using the shared balcony space.

Breakfast one morning was mildly disappointing but has been delicious every other morning.

We love the equipment available and used all of it on our last visit! It is a trek down to the dock but it's beautiful and not a difficult hike. The dock is located on a quiet area of the lake which is perfect for canoeing. If I had one wish it would be the addition of a couple of kayaks. (hint! hint!)

The great room is beautiful. We had so much fun watching the Olympics with the other guests on the large TV!

I highly recommend Carmel Cove for anyone who wants a place to relax.

Room Tip: We love Room 6. No problems with noise and we even took an afternoon nap.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the Carmel Cove Inn from August 4- August 8, 2012. The place was extremely clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the tennis courts, the lake access and canoeing, and the nightly bonfire and smores. For indoor entertainment, there was a pool table, large screen tv, board games, and a dvd library for in-room entertainment. The complimentary wine and beer as well as the snacks and breakfast made for a great eating experience. We felt like we could spend the entire vacation at the Inn and have the best of Deep Creek right there. Mark was an excellent innkeeper and he did everything possible to ensure the guests a satisfying vacation. The other guests were really down to earth and pleasant to be around. We look forward to coming back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I went away for a weekend here and it was wonderful! We really enjoyed the woods and being away from tourist traps. The bonfire was great both nights and we made lots of s'mores and enjoyed the free beer. We had a lot of fun at the lake. My boyfriend really enjoyed the fishing stuff even though he didn't catch anything. Our favorite part was the private deck where breakfast was delivered every morning and we got to choose what time we wanted them to bring it! The whole weekend was awesome. One warning: Our two night stay should have cost $370 ($185 a night) and ended up costing $414 because there is a 12% tax for the rooms. I've never been to a bed and breakfast before so I don't know if that's normal but I was caught off guard. However, we do plan to return in the fall or winter and spoil ourselves again.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 through 6 are upsatirs and the rest are downstairs. And rooms 5 and 6 were right next to the...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I just concluded a weekend visit here July 27-29, 2012. The innkeeper, Mark, was very gracious and helpful He was the cook for the morning breakfast, which was excellent, as well as providing snacks in the evening, good recommendations for local restaurants and hikes to take. The hotel was spotless. The location was not far from many of the lake activities at Deep Creek. The only TV was in the large common room. There were DVRs in each bedroom and a decent library of selections if one wished to watch recent releases. The wifi connection was excellent. In fact, it was nice not worrying about noise from an adjacent room's tv. Mark also made a nice bonfire in the evenings after dinner time. My wife and I would consider returning in the near future.

Room Tip: My room was one of the better rooms, but it was directly under the breakfast room. This worried me...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mbender66, Owner at Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
For our TV lovers, the cable glitch has been remedied and all guest room flat screens have over 100 Direct TV channels with HBO, in addition to our extensive DVD library. Thank you for your kind words and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay!
Annapolis, MD USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were looking for a room for one night, late notice, and Carmel Cove had room available. The reviews here looked good so we made the reservation. Wonderful place! We can't wait to find time to come back when we have a few days to relax. It was my husband's birthday and the innkeeper had a bottle of champagne chilling in our room. Small rooms (it was a monastery after all) but cozy and clean. Hors d'oevres on the deck around 5:30, bonfire in the yard at dusk (with smores ingredients on a silver platter -- really!) Wonderful breakfast, nice airy breakfast room. What a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: There are four rooms with decks -- get one if you can.
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Deep Creek and stayed in another B & B many times. We decided to try something different in a quieter area and we FOUND it!!

We arrived early and were able to check-in. Mark, the new innkeeper, took us on a detailed tour of the inn and it's outdoor features. When we got to our room there was a bottle of bubbly and some chocolates for my birthday. I might add that was the first time I ever had champagne for my birthday!

The three breakfasts we enjoyed there were fantastic. All of the employees were so friendly and did so much to make you feel welcome. We loved the terrace room. That gave you an additional space to enjoy the outdoors. We did take part in the campfire the first night we were there -complete with all of the fixings for s'mores!

The Great Room left you to wonder about the monks who previously were habitants there. The wine, beer, and sodas were a great treat. We took advantage of the DVD library that was well stocked. I really enjoyed the Sony iHome docking station to enjoy my favorite music.

We want to definitely return to Carmel Cove Inn!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We were looking for a relaxing and "outdoorsy" location to celebrate the week surrounding our 18th wedding anniversary...and we found it! The innkeeper, Mark, indeed, was part of the reason that the vacation was so memorable with his quiet attention to detail, knowledge of the area, and sense of humor. (It seemed to us that he had been at the Inn forever, yet he had only been there for 3 weeks!) The hours of hiking or other outdoor activities were bookended by a leisurely breakfast (that met our dietary restrictions!) on one end and hors d'oeurves and a glass of wine in the Common Room on the other, and if the spirit moved us, sitting around a magnificent outside campfire to round out the day. The Inn's guestrooms are beautifully appointed and the Inn's other staff quietly assured that all was ready upon our return there each day. The Inn's history as a former summer retreat for Carmelite priests was subtly woven into the details of the decor without being overwhelming but we couldn't help wonder if by some alchemy it contributed to the peaceful atmosphere. We look forward to a future stay when Innkeeper Mark and the staff will once again provide for us a haven of peaceful relaxation.

Room Tip: I don't think that there is a bad room in the Inn. Of note, if you go in the cooler/colder mont...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Carmel Cove Inn at Deep Creek Lake? Share your experiences!