People rave so much about this place and I was looking forward to staying here but totally regretted it. The check-in and check-out process was so long because there aren't enough personnel. I shouldn't have to wait in line 15 minutes for each.
A coworker of mine and I had to stay here no thanks to our company travel coordinator. When you come in you're overwhelmed with air freshener also in the rooms. Didn't work well, because when I turned the heat on in my room (the heat stopped working in the middle of the night), my room ended up smelling like cat pee the whole time. The carpet was filthy and turned my socks brown. My mattress and sheets had stains on them (took pictures) and there were balls of hair on the top blanket. The pillows are not of regular size, they are the size of decorative throw pillows and so uncomfortable.
Part of the hotel is only "marina-view" - not water view. You'd be looking at boats, not the river. If you end up in an inner view room, you're overlooking an overgrown, lack of landscaping area with a non-working fountain full of dead leaves.
I had high hopes because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before that was great but this Holiday Inn was disappointing.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center And Marina Hotel
- Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center And Marina Hotel Solomons
- Holiday Inn Solomons
- Solomons Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find comfort & modern luxury at one of the most suitable locations in Solomons. Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. Positioned on Back Creek of the Patuxent River with its Naval Air Station, Wildlife Reserve & adjacent to Chesapeake Bay. A scenic one-hour drive from Washington, D.C. & Annapolis. Just 10 minutes from St. Mary's Airport, while Baltimore Washington International & Reagan National are both within a 90-minute drive. Walking distance to Calvert Marine Museum, Annmarie Gardens, & Spectacular Solomons Island Boardwalk. Just a short drive to State Parks, Historical Sites, & Lighthouse adventures.The Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina is ideal for business & leisure travelers, featuring newly renovated spacious & decorative guest rooms & suites. You'll have room to work, relax & make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, work center, plush towels & luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night & every day starts right. Dip in our outdoor Jr. Olympic size pool (seasonal), sip at the Outdoor Marina Side Bar with access to Solomons Harbor Marina. Enjoy tennis & a fully equipped renovated fitness center. Meeting & Banquet facilities offer over 20,000 square feet of flexible function space that enhances business & social functions from small meetings or intimate dinners to weddings. When it's time to dine, enjoy an adventure at Isaac's Restaurant & Pub. The best is waiting for you at Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Olotels, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.