For the past several years, along with thousands of people, we paid paid "VIP" or "Presidential" level tickets (unlimited drinks) to various sponsored New Year's Eve events in one of DC's multi themed hotel ballrooms. These huge events suit us because we like a variety of social dancing and a sit down dinner (vs buffet). Lately we've been disappointed in the quality of the bands at the DC hotels and we came across a flyer to see "Fabulous Hubcaps" at Holiday Inn, Solomons Island. We had not seen the band but friends liked them. This hotel was an easy (70 min drive after work) from NoVA/DC and it was an all-inclusive price with room, buffet dinner, dancing, 3 drinks each, champagne toast, favors, breakfast & late checkout. When we arrived, the hotel Mgr was very welcoming. Nice room with King sized bed. Food was basic Italian and some seafood. Like the DC hotels, you sit at a table for 10. Without any diversions like early admittance to the various international ballrooms & caricature artists, palm reading, etc.. it seemed like a long wait after dinner for the band to start. The New Year's Eve party favors here were dull & they ran out of headpieces. A handful of women wore their own fancier NYE headbands. While it's fun to load up on a variety of glitzy party favors & unlimited drinks at the DC hotels, you can't beat the price for this event. We missed the sit down dinner too. What we liked was the band's music (people were dancing from the 1st song), the large wooden dance floor, easy parking & ambiance. The staff at breakfast were so warm & friendly. We would definitely return and spend another New Year's Eve here.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center And Marina Hotel
- Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center And Marina Hotel Solomons
- Holiday Inn Solomons
- Solomons Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find comfort & modern luxury at one of the most suitable locations in Solomons. Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. Positioned on Back Creek of the Patuxent River with its Naval Air Station, Wildlife Reserve & adjacent to Chesapeake Bay. A scenic one-hour drive from Washington, D.C. & Annapolis. Just 10 minutes from St. Mary's Airport, while Baltimore Washington International & Reagan National are both within a 90-minute drive. Walking distance to Calvert Marine Museum, Annmarie Gardens, & Spectacular Solomons Island Boardwalk. Just a short drive to State Parks, Historical Sites, & Lighthouse adventures.The Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina is ideal for business & leisure travelers, featuring newly renovated spacious & decorative guest rooms & suites. You'll have room to work, relax & make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, work center, plush towels & luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night & every day starts right. Dip in our outdoor Jr. Olympic size pool (seasonal), sip at the Outdoor Marina Side Bar with access to Solomons Harbor Marina. Enjoy tennis & a fully equipped renovated fitness center. Meeting & Banquet facilities offer over 20,000 square feet of flexible function space that enhances business & social functions from small meetings or intimate dinners to weddings. When it's time to dine, enjoy an adventure at Isaac's Restaurant & Pub. The best is waiting for you at Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.