“Feels Like Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Back Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solomons
Back Creek Inn
You added Back Creek Inn to your Saves list
210 Alexander Lane, Solomons, MD 20688-0520   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Solomons B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Springfield, VA
“Feels Like Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2007

The Inn was the perfect setting for an outstanding weekend. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the food is wonderful. The owners and the staff really make you feel welcome and the cookie jar is a yummy treat! We were fortunate to have a warm sunny March weekend to enjoy the outdoors around the Inn and around Solomons. It is all around a great place and I have not one complaint! If you are fortunate enough to be there on Eggs Benedict day lucky you! Congratulations Carol and Lin on a job very well done, we will return! Thank you from the Cook family.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

When the weather is perfect... and the place you are staying is idyllic, you wish you can spend more time to enjoy the scenery, the quaint and quiet country inn... but you are there on business so... you know how that goes.
First of all, it seems like home... the bed is relaxing to the point, that you forget you are in an commercial lodging establishment. I never had a good night's sleep as I managed at the Back Creek in any of the hotels I've ever stayed in my numerous trips...
It is oddly familiar, seeing people you'd never met "come home" from wherever they'd been, touring or working, in the early and late evenings, but nonetheless familiar and comfortable.
I "came home", and a lady is reading the day's news out on the deck. Pleasantries, follow then each to their own... but we're all at "home".
It is incredibly quiet except for the sound of crickets? or some other insects... frogs? cicada flies? I'm not sure.
Yes you do hear cars and trucks go by once in a while but not more than you would normally expect. There is a Catholic? church nearby and something was going first night... while I walked to the bay front broadwalk, enjoying this incredible sunset. There is a bridge over the bay... which isn't all that architecturally inspiring, but nonetheless, made a nice background with the sunset... I forgot to ask if the locasl approved of the bridge or not...
The inn itself is on the waterfront. (pictures are accurate, although it doesn't really show the street side... there are houses, a church with parking lot, more houses adjacently and nearby... The room I stayed had the water and pier view which makes for a picturesque sunrise.
I did not have the priviledge for a FULL breakfast as I was heading off to work before breakfast was served HOWEVER, Carol had prepared "Continental" breakfast, which I missed the first morning but consumed the second morning reveals the care the inn-keepers put into the preparation. Home made strawberry jam, with super sharp chedar, fresh fruit and banana bread (was that banana bread?). Homemade cookies are in the cookie jar all day long, with coffee, tea, milk and other drinkables were available in the kitchen. The deck has the view of the back yard which goes straight to a quaint little boat dock/pier which makes for a great backdrop during sunrise.
My usual lodge is the Holiday Inn, which was full, and the company put me in a Days Inn... (not that there is anything wrong with a Days Inn), but for a few bucks (maybe a little more than a few), you can enjoy the benefits of a B&B, so I switched. Days Inn and Back Creek Inn is not a fair comparison, so I won't go into that (I'll do a review of the Days Inn separately).
If you need a FULL SERVICE hotel don't consider it.
If you need a motel, this won't do either.
I could ramble on for a whle, but my room had an air conditioner (very powerful) with remote... used it a little the first night... a compact bathroom with shower, well maintained, clean, and functional with all the amenities that you normally would require... ample towels... shampoo, soap etc. A large queen size bed with several firm pillows... Hershey's candy (that I never got around to since there are more downstairs... did I mention cookies).... a sitting chair, a little couch? (very well furnished in other words)... functional windows (it opens and closes), with mini blinds... night stands, bookshelf with personal collections of books, original paintings by the inn-keeper... ample lightings, mini TV, alarm clock....
One caveat is I was there after the prime summer tourist season, so I cannot say how it's like in the prime tourist season... but make sure you reserve early is what I'm thinking... now through winter... maybe you don't have to rush too much.
You know what... e-mail me with specific questions... I'll try to answer them.

• Liked — comfortable
  • Tips/Secrets — try it you're like this one
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Back Creek Inn? Share your experiences!