“Peaceful relaxing getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Back Creek Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solomons
Back Creek Inn
You added Back Creek Inn to your Saves list
210 Alexander Lane, Solomons, MD 20688   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Solomons B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Peaceful relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Inn is surrounded with flowering English Gardens and a view of their dock and the small harbor lying behind it. Gracious staff, warm welcome and an excellent quiet location. Can walk to restaurants and Pax RIver boardwalk. Breakfast was beautifully presented to each guest. The inn is well maintained and warmly decorated. Perfect getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came for a little R & R and that's just what we got and more. We stayed for 2 nights, one night in the cottage and one night in the house. Both were lovely but the cottage was our favorite. Every little detail was thought of in the rooms and in the common rooms. They were beautiful and spotless. The breakfast was fabulous!! Will be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent Valentine's Day with my significant other at Back Creek Inn, and I cannot recommend it too highly. It is hands down the best place to stay in that area of Southern Maryland, and I have stayed at the competition. The rooms are spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and homey, with wonderful details like chocolates under the water glasses on the desk and pump bottles of shampoo and soap in the shower. I felt like a treasured guest. Breakfast the next day was a piping hot and delicious SW omelet, cooked to order, with English muffin, juice, coffee and fruit on the side. The innkeeper had also baked and frosted Valentine's cookies in time for our arrival. Every detail of our stay was perfect from start to finish and I intend to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tansy room, which was lovely, but they all look beautiful from the photos.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Federalsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Back Creek Inn was just what we were in need of! It sits right on the waters of Back Creek and two blocks off of the Patuxant River. Photographic opportunities abound! There are great restaurants within easy walking and driving distance. It's a beautiful home with lots of quiet outdoor sitting areas with garden and water views. Unfortunately for us, it was early February and too chilly out to enjoy that aspect of it properly.

Carol and all of her staff are warm and friendly. And there's always a jar of homemade cookies to tempt you, and they're hard to resist, too! The breakfasts alone are worth the trip! I think my favorite was the eggs Benedict; they were superb! Though the French toast and omelette were close contenders. And everything is served with delicious fresh fruit on the side, plus a starter of freshly baked loaf or mini bundt. We especially enjoyed the banana coconut!

The rooms are all so lovely, you may have a hard time deciding; I know we did! Since it's winter, we knew we wanted one with a fireplace. They offer two. After some deliberation, we went with the suite, Thyme. But later, we toured the others and wished we'd gone with the cottage after all. Maybe next time. We did enjoy spending our time in Thyme! The fireplace certainly did warm it up. We usually got up in the middle of the night to shut it off. The rooms and common areas are all adorned with Carol's beautiful artwork. My only complaint (and it's nit-picking) is that the tub/shower combo in many of the rooms is your average everyday insert, but some of the bathrooms have been recently remodeled, so that may be in the works for the others as well. That being said, we were completely satisfied and well-fed customers who will happily return in the future!

• Stayed February 2013
Quinte West, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Spent two nights here, very good experience. Staff are welcoming and friendly, breakfast was outstanding. The room we had, Tansy, was in keeping with the period of the building, we enjoyed the furnishings, decor and quietness greatly. Room was very clean, internet had good speed. The view from the lawn of Back Creek was serene, enjoyed just sitting and watching the boats come and go. Close to the main boardwalk and restaurants. Can't find anything negative to say, maybe a flat panel TV would be nice, like to watch a bit of boring TV at bedtime to help put me to sleep, but definitely would go back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was traveling to southern Maryland for business and needed some time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday and relax. Back Creek Inn fit the bill. I arrived in time to catch a run along the water and did some yoga on Back Creek Inns beautiful patio overlooking the water. Location allowed me to walk to pick up my tasty take out dinner and catch the sunset on the way home. The next morning I was able to see the sunrise from the back dock and ate a delicious breakfast, coffee was terrific too. Innkeepers are extremely friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, and wifi is fast - so much better than staying in a chain hotel ( and cheaper!). I only wish I did not have to work or I would have taken out a kayak or a bike for a spin. Thank you Back Creek, I hope to return!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a mini-getaway and found it at the Back Creek Inn! The innkeeper is a lovely woman - and an amazingly talented artist! Our stay was peaceful and relaxing and breakfast was incredible! If we could, we'd be there every weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Back Creek Inn? Share your experiences!