“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Solomons
Clinton, MD
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel and I had a very good experience. Please note that the hotel is about 5 min drive from the actual Solomon's Island, so if you are not familiar with the area, this might be helpful to know. The staff provided excellent service with helping me to decide what to do, where to eat, etc, they also catered to my needs (fresh towels & pillows upon request). My room was clean and very quiet (340). The pool area was very nice with plenty of lounge chairs. I didn't eat at the hotel so I can't rate that service. If I had any complaints, it would be that my room was not cleaned until after 3pm during my stay (which didn't really bother me) and the TV did not have the capability to order movies (a feature that I prefer, but can do without). Very small complaints. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Although 5 min from Solomon's Island, its a straight drive!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

If you stay here request that you DON'T get Room 235. As another review stated it is is next to the air conditioner unit and they are constantly running.... Sounds like a freight train. Not kidding. When asked about moving to another room, they of course didn't have anything available. I slept in my car. Again not kidding. I cut my stay short and went home early. Also after spending $150+ a night you have to pay $12.95 for breakfast. Just down the street are other hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast. Very disappointing for a Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Solomons, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear mom2cam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our accommodations. Moreover, we would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay. Every guest deserves the highest level of service, and we will make every effort to be sure.

We deeply appreciate your business and we want to restore your confidence. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodations you have every right to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely, Charles Reed
Leonardtown, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting a lot because of the "Hilton" name, needless to say it was very disappointing. I asked for the biggest room, thinking that would allow me the most rest, not the case. The room was next to the rooftop with the HVAC unit, which would have been fine, had the windows been soundproof. Every 15 seconds, the fan started and I was able to get absolutely no sleep. The room service is only available between 5p.m. To 10p.m., so I had no breakfast. There is a buffet but after spending $200 for a sleepless night, I would have had to spend another $12.95 for breakfast. There are more accommodating hotels nearby that charge less.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear MChanLeonardtown_MD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m really sorry for your experience with your suite accommodations. I also apologize for the inconvenience you experienced from our limited room service. Because Hilton Garden Inn provides a breakfast buffet with fresh cooked to order eggs, room service is not offered during the breakfast meal period.

We always strive to provide the perfect service to our guests. I would really appreciate if you can provide more information on your stay, so we may improve our service. We deeply appreciate your business with us, and we want to restore your confidence. We would love an opportunity to welcome you back and deliver the level of accommodations you have every right to expect from Hilton Garden Inn.

Sincerely, Charles Reed
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This Hilton Garden Inn is the best hotel in the area. Not only is it clean and provides all one would expect from a Hilton property, the staff is exceptional. They recognize returning guests and make them feel special. All great amenities are in place. The gym could be a bit larger but other than that it's a great hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was a standard HGI, very nice and in a good area. Breakfast Service at this location was a bit unimpressive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We were in MD. to attend a family funeral in Arlington. We were impress with the entire hotel. The staff very nice. The food was good as was the service. The staff knew the reason we were all there as we had booked 5 rooms ,when we returned from Arlington they asked how everyone was holding up . Next time we stay it will be for a happy time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Newtown Vic Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a typical Hilton style hotel with nice sized rooms, good facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, gym, free wifi and good breakfast. The doors to the rooms are heavy and you may be woken with doors being closed. We were. Also the air conditioner was way too noisy so much so we had to turn it off to get some sleep. Wouldn't like to there in summer with the noise.

Room Tip: Suggest book the bed and breakfast rate as it's good value.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Solomons? Share your experiences!