“Not impressive” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Towson, MD
“Not impressive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

My companion and I visited Digiovanni's for dinner on a Friday evening in July. We were immediately seated, but after that it was downhill. Our young server seemed inexperienced and uncertain. After receiving our salads and bread, the pace of the meal was incredibly slow. We waited an inordinate amount of time for our meal and, instead of our server offering an apology or explanation, we had to wave him down to ask when we would receive our entrees. He seemed uncomfortable with the question and indicated that he would check with the kitchen. He did not immediately return with an explanation. We finally received our food. My companion was to receive salmon on a bed of wheat linquine, but it was served on a bed of penne pasta (no explanation or substitution was indicated or offered). My entree, a vegetarian lasagne, was lukewarm at best. Because the server did not return to check on us, we again had to wave him down. I told him that the food was not hot and, with no offer of apology, he asked if I wanted to have it heated. When he brought the food back, it still was not heated through. Once we waved him down (again)I told him that I did not want the food nor did I want to pay for a meal that I did not eat or enjoy. No explanation or apology was offered. I also noticed that several other diners in the section where we were seated sent their entrees back because they were not hot. Not a good dining experience at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Solomons, MD
“Favorite restaurant in Solomons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

Digiovanni's has a very cozy feeling and the staff is always friendly (I have been greeted by the owner every time I’ve been there). The restaurant has a beautiful waterfront location and in the summer you can enjoy your meal on the outside deck overlooking the Solomons harbor. There is a wide variety to choose from on the menu including delicious desserts. Unlike many restaurants in the Solomons area the food has a fresh cooked, not previously frozen, taste! I would highly recommend this restaurant for an everyday dinner out or a special occasion.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place for a special occasion, on the water, great food and wine.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

Great place for a special occasion, on the water, great food and wine.