“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
12 attraction reviews
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I came here for the big opening event on April 2013. Our daughter goes to college in Maryland and they wanted us to come. They told us that is a big thing for locals and people come from all over the US to party. We got a great hotel close enough to walk to the Tiki Bar, but it was still freezing cold there in April. They had shuttle services, but it cost $10 dollars round trip. For me, there's really nothing special about it. It's just people drinking from morning till bar closes. It's a hangout for mostly local people and tourist who wants to try new things. They have Reggae music all the way in the back, and if you are in the front of the bar you can't hear it at all. It was crazy of all the amount of people that came to party. It took 15 minutes or more just to order a drink at the bar. Some people ordered 2-3 drink each just because of the craziness, but by the time you get to your 2nd or 3rd drink, it'll be watered down, unless you you're an alcoholic and you can chug all drink in less than 30 minutes. They were some clubs and restaurant near by if you are tired of just drinking and chatting. They have dancing floor, but the club plays hard core rock music that was hard to dance to. After awhile my husband and I were over it. It was kind a boring for us, but we were happy to see our daughters. They wanted us to stay a little longer, but they were mostly hanging out with friends, it was just my husband and I most of the time. So, we decided to leave before 8pm because it started to get really cold. On our way to our hotel, it started to rain hard. It was crazy! We got soak, and freezing at the same time...just not a good experienced. I'm from California, bars and clubs are always have better party than the opening of Tiki Bar. The only good thing about our trip was we got to see and hangout with our daughters. Will I do it again? Probably not! I'll just have my daughters come to us, and I'll show them what a real party is like.

Visited April 2013

Leonardtown, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
“April must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

A yearly visit for most of us locals. Opens in April and the celebration begins. People from many states come to the event. Solomons Island is a perfect spot to visit and start your spring partying.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Disrespectful, violent, unprofessional staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I was violently grabbed by a bouncer named Jason for attempting to use the ladies room at closing when the manager had already said that I was allowed. He didn't try to ask me to leave, he grabbed my arm leaving fingerprint bruises and attempted to force me to leave. I asked to speak to a manager about the assault and was directed to a short older man with glasses who refused to give me his name but claimed to be the manager. My boyfriend, who wasn't even on the property of the bar anymore, asked what was wrong, and the manager called one of his goons from the back to get into my boyfriends face and attempt to start a fight. Four bouncers chased my boyfriend and I up the street when we had done absolutely nothing wrong. We called the police who was nice enough to meet us at our hotel, and he said that this was the second call of this nature that evening alone.
I will never again return to such an unprofessional establishment. This place is trashy through and through.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“A Fine example of how you ruin a good thing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This place used to be a great place for anyone and everyone to hang out at. But, now it seems to cater to tourists and those who have lots of cash. My wife and I stopped in for a drink and left without buying anything due to the young, rude, loud, and thoroughly obnoxious crowds. We won't be back.

Visited July 2013
Solomons, Maryland, United States
36 attraction reviews
“Tikilicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A very special place on Solomons with special drink selections (Mai Tai...etc). A local's and visitor's clut favorite!! Opening day in Spring is one of largest events in Maryland...

Visited June 2013

Been to The Tiki Bar? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Tiki Bar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.