“We eat there a couple of time a month. So fortunate to have such a wonderful, authentic Italian restaurant just 3 miles from ho” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carmine's Italian Restaurant

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Carmine's is a wonderful local treasure. Their site is unpretentious, which should not dissuade the eater. If this restaurant was in Washington DC or Baltimore, it would be in the top 10 restaurants in the region. Fortunately for local residents, this gem is available, affordable, authentic an delicious in the small town of Smithsburg!!

76% Recommend
Hagerstown Maryland, USA
“Authentic, Really!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We read about Carmine's in the Hagerstown Magazine and we're always looking for someplace new to try. We were not disappointed with the food. At all. We ordered the bruschetta and honestly, the bread is what made it so delicious. Crispy, yet with a little chew to it, the bread was phenomenal. Topped with a mound of tomatoes, parmesan, and basil. I would have liked a wee bit more basil, but that's just me. My husband loved it as it was.

We both ordered the cheese ravioli. He ordered the fried ravioli with fresh mozzerella and I ordered the traditional cheese ravioli and a side of meatballs. Between the two dishes I think I preferred the fried ravioli BUT the cheese ravioli was the real deal. HOMEMADE PASTA to be certain and there's nothing like homemade pasta! We both brought home about half our meals and had it for dinner tonight, and I think it was even better this evening. The meal came with salad and bread and again, the bread ROCKED.

We topped off our dinner with the limoncello mousse cake and OMGoodness, it was phenomenal! It was definitely fresh because it didn't taste like it had been sitting in a refrigerator like desserts sometimes do.

I can only think of a couple minor disappointments with Carmine's and that would be 1) our server couldn't answer our questions about the items on the menu - a training issue easily fixed, and 2) the decor was a little disappointing. Plain brown tables with plain padded chairs, although I enjoyed the family pictures on the walls. Perhaps if the restaurant does well they'll spring for some upgrades.

But that's it. We're definitely going back! The food was just that good!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hagerstown, Maryland
“An excellent restaurant in a small town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We eat here on a regular basis. Each time, we are amazed at the variety of the food choices, and the excellent preparation and service. it's evident that the owners are in residence every day. We love our dining experience, and our take out experience here.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Smithsburg, Maryland, United States
“Great find in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Really nice restaurant with great food! Unusual in a town this small! Worth the drive for the rest of you.

Visited November 2011
maryland
“As for Pizza, not all that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had pizza from here as part of an order by a group for an event. Well....as far as pizza goes, I've had many from around the area and even managed a pizza place myself. What I had was pretty average to sub-average pizza. The sauce, what little of it there was, has zero flavor, and pepperoni slices were about what I'd have expected on a Tombstone pizza. Yeah...it was served at a reasonable temperature and all, but I'll not be going here for pizza again. I've yet to try the other menu items and will post separately once I get around to doing that. Oh...and as far as expecting a discount for a non-profit organization (for kids)...don't expect much there either. Denied. All the other places in town offer that.

• Visited June 2012