You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8727 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Double Your Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Good nights sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is located in downtown Silver Springs a block away from the American Film Theater (A great movie house) The hotel has a very good restaurant. People are very nice. The rooms are modern and the beds comfortable. Noise is a minimum where I stayed. The athletic area is adequate with some exercise equipment and a small pool on the ninth floor. I prefer it to the Courtyard because of the comfort. The cookie is always a nice touch. Great value generally 30 dollars cheaper than the courtyard

Room Tip: The film theater is run by a national movie association that has old classics in a huge theater(Make...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

A very nice hotel with spacious rooms in the middle of Silver Spring. This is a pleasant surprise. Close to Metro, all the new (and nice) restaurants in Silver Spring, and a 15 minute drive to downtown DC. This place is a good find for business or for families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank rrrast
Massillon, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here because of the proximity to family members. Travel to and from the monuments and other tourist places was easy, especially on the Metro. There are many good restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance.

The room was surprisingly nice for the price we paid, and a decent size for DC. There was a slight musty/moldy odor to the bathroom. The front desk forgot to take off some parking charges after we brought their attention to it (we decided to park at our family member's house nearby instead), but it was quickly rectified at check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana H
Sebastian, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

No late night snacks available, a/c didn't work, staff not especially helpful in locating local restaurants/amenities (or else there were none?) No exhaust fan in the bathroom, just not normal Hilton standards

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Mike T
Baarn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The room was too hot too sleep in despite airco trying with very much noise. Stuffed air, no ventilation possible. Room was left open after cleaning. Coffee and cups were not replaced. And more niceties of this school class filled hotel that is in serious need of renovating. Staff did not even apologise. Exit Hilton from my list of business hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We've addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is about a 5-7 minute walk from the Metro and 1-3 minutes from City Mall, a Majestic movie theatre, and other dining and shopping areas. The hotel said there is transportation they provide to and from the Metro but the driver never seemed available when I needed the service, so I walked... which was honestly fine. The neighborhood is safe and quiet during the day and evenings, and overall the people are friendly. In-room dining food is delicious, however purchases via credit card are transacted slow, and the daily warm cookie is a nice treat. Housekeeping sometimes cleans the room in the late afternoon, which I feel is unacceptable and the gift shop has a lot to be desired and is more like a tiny snack shop. Those that noted on the internet the ice situation are correct. Higher floors do not have ice machines and you'd have to go to lower floors to get ice. Also at the time of my visit they were working on the elevators and due to that maintenance the elevators were slow. Overall this hotel is worth being a guest at, and there is a lot to keep you busy in the Silver Spring area and via quick Metro ride throughout DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

The service at The Double Tree Silver Spring was the worst service I've ever received while staying at a hotel in the DC/Maryland area. I was there celebrating my 28 birthday & came with food, drinks & a nice size cake but from the time I checked in until the time I checked out the service was just bad. The room was very small, didn't have a mini fridge microwave or anything. If I had a question for the front desk staff they weren't helpful at all. They didn't make me feel WELCOMED AT ALL!!!! I had to find valet on my own to store my bags for me. There was no where for me to store my birthday cake besides my room. I asked for a late check out at the time of check-in & was informed to call down in the morning. I called down to the front desk that morning requesting a later checkout & was informed that the latest I could check out was 12pm. The service was really bad & the employees were not knowledgeable abut their job at all. I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites directly across for my sons birthday & had the best time. From the time I checked in until I checked out all of the employees were very helpful & knowledgeable of their job. We stayed in a suite which had the living room area, a nice king sized bed, kitchen & pull out couch. My kids played in the pool that night & the morning before check out. Any questions or concerns I had were addressed & taken care of right then. I didn't have to search for valet by myself & just feel like I had to do a job that I was not getting paid to do. I asked for a later check out & was given the time of 2;30pm. The rooms their were much bigger & the people literally had more to clean but didn't mind at all. It really was a great experience. I will NEVER RECOMMEND OR STAY AT THIS FACILITY AGAIN. I was a paying customer that was treated as if I DIDN'T MATTER AT ALL! The staff needs more customer service training & should be more knowledgeable about their job. GREAT IDEA GONE WRONG....NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that you felt in any way insulted or offended. This is not typical of our hotel and staff as every guest is very important to us. So I have addressed these issues with our team members, and hopefully the next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what our hotel is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Spring
#4 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 276 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring? Share your experiences!