“DoubleTree Siver Spring, MD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8727 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“DoubleTree Siver Spring, MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very nice room with king bed w/ 2 televisions. Could have more channel selections. Added breakfast for 4 for only additional $10 per night. Nice meal. Staff was very pleasant and helpfull with directions to DC, etc. Very good stay overall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The stay was awesome! Marta was GREAT! Would definitely stay again. Room was very clean and beds were very comfortable. Location was great right downtown so you can walk to various restaurant and shopping areas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. Excellent customer service is our priority. We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton. We look forward to your next visit with us!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had I read the majority of Trip Advisor reviews, I would have avoided this hotel. Unfortunately, I suffered three days of a dirty, noisy, old hotel.

This hotel is old, and unfortunately during a recent refurbishing, too many corners were cut in the process. As such, the room was tiny, the bathroom and closet were matchbox-size, and except for an old coffee machine, there were no other refreshments in the room (mini bar etc). I would say that unless you are desperate, you should consider avoiding this property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
YORKTOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Take advantage of the room specials, like the Instant Get Away or Romanca package, I heard it called two different things. It included champage and chocolate covered strawberries, and two breakfasts for only $15 extra. So worth it. Some packages also include free parking. Eat at La Malinche right across and down the street. Nicest people and very cool atmosphere (try the jalepeno margarita if you dare). And if there is a concert in town at the Fillmore, check that place out as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pacifica, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location. Lots of good dining choices, average shopping, and coffee shops within walking distance. The building is older, so the rooms are solid and the sound-proofing is pretty good. The heating/air is a little fickle, and I had trouble with room temp. It was either hot hot hot or cold cold cold. The beds have no blankets and the comforters are thin. When I called the front desk and asked for a blanket, I was told that the hotel was "out of blankets"...not very hospitable. So I had trouble sleeping because I was up every few hours trying to fix the temperature. Housekeeping staff is a little subpar as well. I came back from my meeting one day to find my door propped open. I also ran out of toilet paper the first night I was there, but there was kleenex. Also ran out of shampoo the last day. I usually make it a point to tip housekeeping, but this time I didn't. It's not ok with me to leave the guest's room propped open. Overall service was not commensurate with the cost, but the location is good. There's a less costly hotel across the street that may have the same value for your stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy during your time with us. We appreciate your feedback, and we will work with our team to make the necessary corrections. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was at this hotel for a three day business trip. The location is good and the front desk and lobby staff were friendly and helpful. The bed and linens appeared new and were comfortable. The wireless internet access was free and functioned well. However, the hotel appears to be worn and rather dirty. The elevators were banged up and the hallway carpets needed to be vacuumed and cleaned. The carpet in my room had stains and appeared dirty. The bathroom tile had some pink mildew and stained grout. The lever to switch from the faucet to the shower was broken off - it worked but with difficulty and a rather sharp edge. I put all my belongings in the bathroom while I checked for bed bugs (as I do upon arrival at any hotel). I did not find any, but the dirt and debris I found while checking gave me cause for concern. I kept my belongings in the bathroom for my entire stay which made it a bit cramped and inconvenient. The fitness center was OK at best. The floor did not look particularly clean and it would have been nice if they had offered towels. It did not effect me, but a pipe on an upper floor burst and flooded the rooms of several colleagues. I do not expect every hotel that I stay at to be new, but I do expect it to be clean and in good repair. This hotel did it meet that standard.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time as we take are guests' feedback seriously. We apologize for the inconveniences and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.
Acity
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Cookie and bed were amazing. However, the bathroom flooded each morning due to lack of dividing wall or tub and drain. Also, no counter space in the bathroom to place toiletries, and no toilet paper holder. The plug situation was also strange, with no visible plugs near the desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We’re sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement. We will be sure to have a fresh warm cookie waiting for you.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring? Share your experiences!