“Three rooms in one stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8727 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Hilton Washington DC/Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $109!
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Long Island
“Three rooms in one stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is not very clean. The walls and doors to the elevator are dirty. The rooms have walls that are paper thin. The first room I was in had an adjoining door. At midnight a man came in the next room and jiggled the adjoining door lock. He then proceeded to sing for quite a while. I packed my things and asked to be switched. The room I was switched too stunk like smoke terrible. The fire detector was dislodged from the ceiling. I asked again to change rooms. Then the key did not work. In this room the fire detector was covered in masking tape. I reported all of this to management. They changed my room but did not offer any compensation for the trouble.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed all issues with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future and if you would like to discuss this further, please contact me directly. Thanks for your feedback.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I got the standard double room for 99. per night for the two night weekend. I feel this was a fair price. The room was clean and very comfortable. It was nice to have free wifi. I would have appreciated a in-room refrigerator. However, knowing I didn't have one, I brought a cooler. The employees all were very friendly and helpful. $12.00 for valet parking seemed a little excessive. I will say, however, the bed and pillows were AWESOME. The first time I've ever traveled and wished my bed at home was this comfortable. I

Room Tip: I don't feel I can contribute to this area as this is the first time I've stayed here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great lobby, friendly staff. Room quality was fair - dated. The walls were very thin. Despite being on an end room, I could hear the neighbor snoring and no ability to control the fan to block out the noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We’re sorry that we didn't provide you with a rewarding experience during your recent stay at our hotel. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us correct these issues. We hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you’re in the area.
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was an expensive place to not receive a hot shower. Didnt know if it was because we were on a higher floor? We had to wait for over an hour while someone tried to help us from thier main pipes downstairs. The warm cookies were great and the hospitality was kind. Parking was easy under the hotel. Beds very comfy.

Room Tip: choose a lower floor to see if a hot shower works better?
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We’re sorry we didn't provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. We know how important a hot shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. We hope you’ll give us another chance and stay at our location again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel...great breakfast! Dinner at Sergios on Friday was amazing. Very friendly staff, great food, reasonable price. Front desk staff was very helpful. I had a problem with my roomkey. The girls at the desk were so attentive and sent engineering up to my room to check to make sure I got in okay. After the 2nd time this happened, they offered to change my room. I thought this was very nice! Eveyone I came in contact with was very nice. Valet was very friendly. Hotel has so much to do nearby! If you stay here, I would suggest a trip to the movies, the mall or even ice skating.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Regional D, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice hotel, good breakfast. Pool a bit small and I was told the gym was disappointing. Friendly service when we checked in and the breakfast was good. Bar a good size and central for local restaurants.

Room Tip: Was on the 3rd floor so no view from window
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying here at our hotel. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back!
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were going to DC for a college audition only to find out that it was scheduled on Inauguration weekend when everything in DC was booked or required a 5 night stay. Lucky for us, we discovered the DoubleTree in Silver Spring. Beautiful hotel, located near shopping, restaurants, movies and the Metro (3 stops away from our DC destination).

The hotel is beautiful, rooms clean (and the cookies on arrival were warm and delicious). The beds were sooooo comfortable - even people in the elevator were talking about what a great night sleep they had.

But what was the best part of this hotel was the staff. From front desk to valet to parking attendants to shuttle driver (who picked us up from the Metro), they all were truly friendly, helpful people. I highly recommend this hotel, even for DC visitors, it's a few Metro stops away, less expensive than DC hotels and really a great experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring? Share your experiences!