“Excellent front desk clerk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel

You added Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8777 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Maryland
“Excellent front desk clerk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was in Silver Springs Maryland on business and I stayed at this Sheraton. The service I received was beyond excellent it was superb. The gentleman at the front desk his name was LA, was so very nice and helpful. My bags were lost do to the storm and he assisted me in making sure that once the airline found my bags that they would be delivered to the hotel. I stay in hotels at least 15 to 20 days a month traveling with my job, to have someone to take the time out and make sure that my problem was taken care of is beyound excellent to me. I feel that their needs to be more people that don't just work a job but take pride in how their customers are treated. Because of LA I will only stay at this hotel from now on. Denise J.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I will pass them along to the LA and his Manager.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Sheldon Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We made a non-refundable reservation with this beautiful hotel. Our traveling companion's flight got canceled and our plans to travel to the Silver Spring Sheraton had to be canceled. When I spoke to the Priceline consultant, she said that there was no way to cancel the reservation and that I would lose my money. Wondering if the hotel would respond differently, I called the manager on duty directly. His name is LA. LA was the best and couldn't be cooler about the situation. The first words out of his mouth were that he was sorry our companion's flight was canceled. I told him of the non-refundable reservation I made and the next words out of his mouth were...of course we could help you. We're not unreasonable and you can't do anything about weather delays. LA gave me the cancelation number to give to Priceline. The rep at Priceline called LA directly and the whole situation was taken care of in less than five minutes! Customer service is what makes or breaks a relationship. I can't say enough positive words about this hotel. They "get it!" And, LA is the kind of employee Sheraton should do all it can to hold onto - he gives the hotel a good name by his adroit handling and understanding of people!

Room Tip: Speak to LA - he'll give the most help he can. And if he can't help you out, you'll fee...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your nice comments about our staff. I have forwarded your comments to all of our department heads so that we can recognize and celebrate the level of customer service you experienced.
We look forward to having you stay with us again.

westfield, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not a romantic, charming boutique, but a solid, reliable choice for business or family travel. Book here with confidence. Much cheaper than DC downtown options. As Holiday Inn used to say, the best surprise in a hotel is often no surprise!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your future visits.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second stay at the Sheraton Silver Springs property. As with my first stay, I found the staff to be extremely welcoming and friendly. My room was comfortable and well tended to. I opted to participate in their "green" program once again (basically, making my own bed and using the linens and towels that are provided initially through the entirely of my stay). Though the Sheraton does offer a small incentive for participating in the program, I hail from an area of the country that experiences water usage restrictions, so I am very glad that the Sheraton and other hotels are offering options like this. I am also a gluten-free diner by necessity and found the kitchen and dining staff to be quite helpful in making appropriate choices on the menu. Other amenities during my stay were having complimentary wi-fi in my room (as a preferred SPG member) and having a Starbucks within the hotel itself. The downtown area has a good selection of restaurants, many within walking distance of the hotel. The Metro station is not too much farther. I have walked to and from the Metro to the hotel before and I'd say it's do-able and best done in the daytime, good weather, and if one is not sporting more than a light carry-on. There look to be some upgrades and improvements currently in the works regarding this Metro area. All in all, another star in my book for the Sheraton, Silver Springs. Thanks!

Room Tip: There is free wi-fi in the lounge areas. I believe free wi-fi in the rooms may be connected to SPG m...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that you were able to experience the hotels amenities and the area.

Plainview, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is mine and my wife's 5th or 6th stay at the Sheraton Silver Springs. I have two daughters in the area so I am in town quite frequently. The drive from New York is mundane and so the fact that check in is an absolute breeze, after a 5 hour ride makes the start of the trip very easy. The front desk is helpful, pleasant and very accommodating. More towels, a different room, late check out and or room service, it all works in an efficient manner. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Close to elevator and worth getting a Club room.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
We thank you for your feedback and hope you continue to stay with us while in the area

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

The hotel itself is an average hotel in terms of appearance and location. The hotel rates are reasonable. However the employees where really helpful. I stayed at the hotel a few months ago and mentioned certain preferences I had for breakfast to an employee for dietary reasons. When I returned to the hotel I saw that my recommendation was implemented. Sienne went out of her way to make sure she could assist my wife and I in terms of questions about the local area. The front desk clerks were also helpful.

Room Tip: Free wifi with SPG membership
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Malcolm,
Thank you for the kind comments about our associates at the front desk.
Just a quick insider tip, we are going to renovation the guest rooms and guest room hallways this year. As the hotel is in good condition still we just want to make it great.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

In a world where heroes often go unsung - frankly I'm thrilled to send this note acknowledging the SUPERB customer service experience I was provided by Sonelle at the Sheraton in Silver Spring, Maryland.

I found myself at the Sheraton in Silver Spring after my home suffered significant water damage. The last 24 hours have been a nightmare until I encountered Sonelle at the front desk. Sonelle is a consummate professional and was extremely kind. She went above and beyond to make sure that I had a pleasant experience during my stay.

I can't express how much I sincerely appreciate Sonelle's professionalism and kindhearted spirit. Her customer service support should be used as a motto for other employees as it personifies the excellence that customers expect from Sheraton.

Room Tip: Ask for Sonelle at the front desk!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for recognizing our customer service and especially Sonelle. We hope your home is ok and that when you have guests that you will have them stay with us.

Sheldon Johnson

Been to Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel? Share your experiences!