“Great location and stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8777 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Virginia
“Great location and stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall I had a good stay. The parking entrance is pretty tight, so watch out if you have a monster SUV or truck. Everything was clean, the staff was nice.

I had one issue, but the staff made it right. They put me in a room (1122) right next to housekeeping, and they were slamming things around and generally being loud until about 5pm, and then once at 2:30 in the morning! I would have asked to move if I was on vacation and wanted to sleep at all during the day. On checkout, the staff apologized and gave me a few points to make it up. That's what good service is about, right?

Room Tip: If you get a room that ends in '22', ask for something else. I'm guessing most of the f...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

During the summer I stayed at this property 4 different times due to the proximity to NOAA. The rennovated property is very nice and the staff superb. The value is great for the DC area so I would highly recommend it to anyone driving a car but needs to take the Metro downtown.

Room Tip: The quality of rooms seems quite consistant so I never bother to ask.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The rooms are large it and is generally clean. You can tell they have painted over something's that should be fixed. The pool is not open after labor day. (Just a side note) The amenities in the room are nice, sarbucks, loofah, good shampoo and conditioner. We got room service, reasonably priced for the area. The burgers were burgers. Easy to get to the metro. All and all it was good!

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding, the young man behind the desk was very busy but he was able to answer every question we asked while still answering phones. He took care of my friends and I LOVED that. We went to the Bar and there was a very nice young lady named Sonell. I remember anyone who gives great service and she took care of us. When we checked in, we were given GREAT ROOMS, you get what you pay for. I can't remember everyones name, but the guy who was there that night, his name was L.A., he was very nice. I remember his name because we joked about me living in L.A. for some time. I remember telling him that he was very imformative, very respectable and fun. He told us that if we enrolled in the Starwood Program, he would give us fee internet, and he was a man of his word. We got free internet. That's what you call EXCELLENT SERVICE.I will DEFINITELY be bringing my friends back here. The Starbucks in the Lobby was GREAT. Didn't like paying for the parking but the rest of the stay was one of the best hotel stays i've had. Thank You Sonell and Thank You L.A.
The Sheraton Silver Springs is the place to Stay.

Andrea K

Room Tip: If you want a good room at this hotel, call the Sheraton Silver Springs and ask for L.A., you are gu...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel, recently changed from Crowne Plaza to Sheraton, is an older hotel in need of some renovations. The carpets are worn and the taps on showers are sticky. Nevertheless, I had a very nice stay thanks to the excellent service from check in to check out. The service was pleasant, efficient and the staff were all very helpful. Whenever the staff met me, they always had a smile and a friendly greeting. The room was well furnished, clean and comfortable. The location, close to the metro is very convenient. The restaurant served good food with fine service (though a bit pricey). The room prices were also on the high side compared to the facilities offered. I was disappointed that the pool was closed for the season, though. The exercise room was well equipped and clean. Overall I was very satisfied with the stay and would have rated 5 if the facility had been renovated.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 15th floor which was quiet and a good view of the city skyscape.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is my second visit with this hotel and both visits were extremely pleasant. The room was very clean and All of the staff including the bar tender were friendly and very willing to meet any need. I had the pleasure of being serviced by Sonnelle, Winnie, and Eugene. They gave superb customer service!! I would gladly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Naugatuck, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Upon arrival NO BELL MAN insight & to do Valet parking? Later noticed Bell Man was tending to another guest, understood! There was only one Bell Man available per rotating shifts and also played the role for Valet? When a Holiday Weekend is approaching I'm sure the Hotel is aware of the specified number of bookings or prospective. Not to mention they also had Weddings this particular weekend so imagine the party and guests who actually stayed I noticed a moderate amount out of state plates like my own. These particular staff should be on hand to offer services to more than one guest at a time understanding if all arrive at once its more acceptable to visibly acknowledge someone than to not. Attempting to be cost-effective can cost you valuable customers, unlikely returns and a not so good review? I must say when we did have the Bell Men their service was exceptionally GREAT! Thank You Eugene, Kareem Stewart and the other one I didn't quite get his name, my apologies!! Had dinner at the restaurant food good, service not so great, breakfast area was understaffed, service good, pancakes frozen (definite food critic), otherwise food was good loved the buffet and fresh fruit selection. Night life at the bar area, drinks & appetizers, excellent! Front desk staff was very helpful Thank You Nena, LA, Winnie and the others. ROOMS....Do not bother bringing a doggie bag home bc your food will be wasted? I do not ever recall experiencing not having a microwave or fridge readily accessible in my room?? Or both? My room was a great size plenty of space to accommodate a fridge and a microwave. My room was standard. On the other hand there is this Suite & Jr Suite?? Don't bother in either case there is a $15 daily fee to supply a fridge! WHAT?? What's the tangible definition of "SUITE"?? I must admit this hotel has definite POTENTIAL barely there presently. A plan has to be put in place. Cleaning kept up to par*****. Just did not appreciate walking down hall to smell/see dirty dinner ware from guests rooms or in the area of the ice machine & piled up. There has to be another plan in place? My apologies needless to admit someone has to feature genuinely.

Room Tip: Reg rooms are bigger & less expensive, never mind the "so called" Jr suite or Suites...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel? Share your experiences!