“nice hotel; club lounge needs attention” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel

You added Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8777 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Bronx, New York
“nice hotel; club lounge needs attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed one night in a club level room. Room was nice size, very comfortable beds and linens. Shower not the best. Biggest disappointment the club lounge. Poorly staffed and stocked. Had to wait 10 minutes for empty coffee to be filled; no spoons for cereal; no napkins.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding the Sheraton Club. I am very sorry to hear of our short comings in the Club.
I have shared your comment with the team that handles the Club and they are addressing the issue.
I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Sheldon Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I stay here for our every other month for a girls get-away weekend. The hotel staff are graciously welcoming and responsive---especially Allison at the reception desk, who goes above and beyond for us. The rooms are clean and spacious with modern conveniences. A highlight is the hotel's location in Silver Spring where a free hotel shuttle van will carry the guests to downtown Silver Spring, the Metroline, or Wheaton shopping area, all within minutes of the hotel. We often reserve with the AAA special rate that includes the delicious breakfast buffet. The one drawback is the hotel's daily parking fee to access the underground garage. However, there is an open air parking lot in the back of the hotel, though I hesitate to park there. It's pretty isolated. Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We've always enjoyed pleasant stays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Dancer123567,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay. The parking price is actually the lowest in the area. Most hotels charge anywhere from $15 to $20.
There is a AAA rate that includes parking and breakfast that may be available when you come back.
I will pass along your comments to Allison and her Manager.

Again Thank you for staying with us.

Sheldon Jonson
Cockeysville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel and found it to be a wonderful property. I had family member who was ill and I came to visit at Holy Cross Hosiptal. I found the staff to be wonderful and very friendly. Housekeeping staff was incredible as they came by room each day to check and make sure I had everything I needed. The food in Mica Restaurant was outstanding and the service was fast and friendly. I will be coming back soon and definitely would not chose any other place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay.
I hope everything is ok with your family member. Our new Chef has make some changes to menu and added some of his own touches and we have been getting greta reviews on his changes.

Thank you for staying with us.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Arrived after a long conference and was greeted by L.A. at the front desk. Outstanding customer service from the moment I walked in the door. This gentlemen asked me about my room request and promptly called up once I had entered the room to make sure it was up to standard. With all my stays at various Starwood properties, I have never experienced this before.

The room was simple but compared to some of the other hotel options in the area, it was well worth the money.

When it was time for me to check-out, I was greeted by Allison at the front desk. Again, simply outstanding customer service. Not only was she very pleasant but she went out of her way to make me feel like a valued guest. When i had to call back a few days later for an updated portfolio, Allison remembered me and again, made me feel like a valued Starwood guest.

These two people made my stay in Silver Spring. It's rare to find customer service like this and now that I have found it, they've become the benchmark for other Starwood properties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the nice comments regarding Allison and LA. I will pass along your comments to them as well as their Manager.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I came to stay for the night for an FDA Meeting and thought the hotel looked nice from outside and inside .. the room was a bit old and the wall had a broken hole , the walls were also dirty... the bathroom had an old toilet that had problems flushing. I just figured ok they renovated the main lobby and all those areas were cleaner or better looking and they didn't do the rooms, for whatever reason. I gave it a 3 , avg hotel. the room service was prompt I'll give them that. so now the fun part... as I was making coffee in the little coffee/tea section next to the bathroom... down crawls 2 roaches!!!! towards the coffee maker!!!! I lost my appetite after! I haven't come across them ever! nasty! I don't think I can come to this Sheraton again... but I will continue to go to the other Sheratons.

• Stayed November 2013
Sheldon J, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Worm 1234,
I am sorry about your experience in the room. I wanted to let you know that we have our hotel serviced by Eco Lab 2 times a month to keep all the pests away. With the large amount of travelers visiting the hotel from out of the country we do regular room inspections and treat all rooms regularly. I wish you would email the room number so that we may inspect and treat the room. This is the first notice of this type in the hotel in the past 6 months. You may email me at sjohnson@sheratonsilverspring.com.

Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Attended a meeting at the hotel. Paid $17 with tax and tip for salad (no dressing available), fruit, mac and cheese, garlic bread, and pasta with a few chicken chunks (the only source of protein at the buffet). My fault, because I didn't have time to do anything else. Service was good.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear SenicMaryland,
I checked with the Chef regarding your experience and was advised that with the large crowd that came to eat during your event that they ran out of items and were replacing them as fast as they could. So I assume that you went to the buffet during this time. Our buffet was priced at $12.95 pp.

Sorry about your experience and when you are at another meeting in the future we do have a full lunch menu besides the buffet. So there are many choices for lunch

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for a conference and I must say the checking in move very fast and the front desk was very knowledgable and very helpful on helping me with things to do around the hotel during my down time. I wish all hotels that I stay in where like this experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jamal S,
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel. Our team members strive to make our guest fell welcome and enjoy their stay. We have many new amenities in the hotel that I hope you were able to experience, Happy Hour in Mica Lounge, In-House car service, and new food offerings.

I hope you visit us again real soon.

Sheldon Johnson

Been to Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel? Share your experiences!