Third stay - why go back? Only because I'm Platinum elite and want the free breakfast and want to requalify. But I can promise you it's not so that I can stay here more often! Many screw-ups yet the staff seems empowered enough to try to make things right. But still...
Called to say we would be checking in late but that I knew there was still a City Suite available and I would be grateful, as a Platinum and return guest, if it was blocked for me. "No problem" but I guess it was a problem. Our son lives nearby so we need a go-to place in Silver
Spring. When I mentioned my previous call, I was given free parking and a drink coupon.
My status got me upgraded to the Club floor. That certainly can make a trip easier but this particular club has gone way downhill. Found out the first day when we went to the Club on Saturday at 9 AM to find breakfast closed down. We were informed that they only serve breakfast until 8:30 AM! "On a weekend?!" Very annoying but again, called the front desk and told them I expected breakfast at the restaurant and was told to come down and get my certificates.
In addition, in the late afternoon, there was once again wine and beer, but now they charge for it! Excuse me, but I can get that at the bar. Went to use the computer - I have free internet as a Platinum but I needed to print something. Believe it or not, the person in the Club did not know the password and the person at the front desk said they didn't know it either!
Finally, when we checked in Friday night, there was a mess on the carpet - someone had dropped potato chips and they were all crushed. When we left Sunday morning, they were still there.
Yes, it's an old hotel. And the staff was responsive whenever I complained. But it really is subpar. I've been lucky to stay at many wonderful hotels and I don't expect them to live up to the St Regis in NY or the Park Hyatt in Paris, but this place is simply sub-par. We'll try the Doubletree next time.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel is situated in the heart of downtown just minutes away from charming shops and restaurants, and quick access to the Washington, D.C. area via Wmata. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Starwood, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.