If you're in Silver Spring and this was a last minute. I got to town an evening early, before a business trip in anticipation of inclement weather. Check was easy peasy and the person at reception was sweet. The hotel has self parking which is cool, however you have to return to your car to put the ticket in the window. So I recommend checking in and then driving your car into the garage.
My room was on the club floor adequately spacious, noticeably clean and with no particular view, simply over looked the parking lot. As a matter of fact all of the rooms had the same view. I was told ad check in the club lounge closed at 8 p. When I walked in the club at 7p the gentleman keeper of the club was preparing closing.at 7:15 he gave notice to all in members for food.
As mini pizza was on the menu. I sat relaxed and then ventured to Mila for salad and wine. There was not hostess or bartender in either area. Once I inquired at the front desk I was graciously assisted. The food was good and while eating and watching the all star game I notice the parking garage attendant is now the bell man. I guess, he starts at 8pm. No biggie, I'm a light packer. He was very nice but now I questioned my security does the guy in parking lot have the master key to my room as well??? Just a thought..
The next morning, I went to the fitness center and then decided to have breakfast in the club. They were out of regular coffee at 9am. The attendant was MIA. There was no garbage can for refuse. There was not even salt and pepper shakers available on a Monday morning. The attendant did eventually accommodate all breakfast request.
I returned to my room to iron a shirt and the iron was ICE cold. I went to work wrinkled. The best part of this stay was the room size and food. Not to mention the staff as a whole were extremely friendly. Everyone I encountered said Hello or Good Morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel is situated in the heart of downtown just minutes away from charming shops and restaurants, and quick access to anywhere in the Washington, D.C. area via the Metro which is only 3 blocks away from the hotel. The Sheraton offers complimentary shuttle transportation within 3 miles. For those trips that are outside the 3 miles the Sheraton has and in-house car service that is very competitively priced. The service is available for local runs as well as airports pickups and drop offs. Please call Guest Services for pricing. For your dining pleasure the Hotel has Mica Restaurant for Breakfast and Lunch.With a full menu and a breakfast buffet guests will be delighted with the choices available. Mica Lounge opens for Dinner and late evening snacks. Offering a Social Hour Menu from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM daily with specials starting at $5.00. Mica has 6 Flat screen TV's so that travelers do not miss their favorite team or even their favorite Television series. The Sheraton also offer room service from 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM 7 days a week. For the extra special occasions the Sheraton has Jr. Suites and One Bedroom Suites available both with Club Lounge access. So when visiting Silver Spring, MD try out the newly renovated Sheraton and make sure to sign up for the SPG rewards program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Crowne Plaza