“A Great Find in Downtown Silver Spring” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8777 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC Silver Spring)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Great Find in Downtown Silver Spring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was delighted to find a Starwood property in downtown Silver Spring and began staying there in November 2012. Every stay has been been consistently good. Acommodations are well situated, spacious rooms and comfortable space; bed, desk and sitting area. The lobby offerred great open space to visit with friends, the Bar was nicely tucked into the lobby with enough privacy to distinguish it from the balance of the open space; food, drink and service was great. I was extremely impressed with the Front Desk staff and their pleasantry and professionalism. Check in was extremely efficient. Key operated elevator provided an added security measure! This property has the right recipe for success, Good Space, Great Staff and overall a winning location - with time, some of the minor tweaks will be handled in the Sheraton style and brought to the level that will assure this hotel's longevity. We need a good spacious hotel like the Sheraton in vibrant downtown Silver Spring! Welcome Sheraton and you will be seeing more of me!

Room Tip: The hotel has a great Club Floor, if a roomrate is available that offers access to this floor, go fo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Shawn M, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Joseph Y,

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff. I’m glad you had a nice stay with us and enjoy our proximity to the many restaurants and night life. We look forward to your next stay here at the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel.

I also would like you to reach out to me personally on your next stay.

Be Well,

Shawn M.

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was weary of booking this hotel because of the reviews on here and hotels.com. But I was very happy with our stay. The staff was friendly, room immaculate, bed comfy. There are some things that this hotel doesn't have that would make it way better though: This hotel does not have 1. free wi-fi, 2. a microwave, 3. a fridge. I knew it was lacking those amenities when I booked it so I wasn't shocked or disappointed when I got there. The rate for this hotel is lower that other hotels in very close vicinity and the location is great. That's where the majority of its value is. I booked this place last minute for NYE and the total was in the double digits and that includes tax. I'd book here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Old hotel that needs a new lease on life. Silver Springs maybe in the right county, but the building needs to go. Remnants of bad 70's design. Arch walls, tiny inoperable windows, heat coming out of an old dusty box, oh my. Lousy water pressure, slow sink on the 14th floor and bugs on the15th and 11th floor. Not a standard business class hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
SheratonSilverSpring, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Hello Onepinoy,

I am so sorry that we did not met your exceptions during your stay. The issues you encountered during your stay are not part of our standards and we appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. If possible I would like to speak with you to get further details of your stay, if you would be so kind as to call the hotel and ask for me I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Thank you.
KIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel was fully renovated and equipped (unlike the impression I had gotten from previous reviews). The fixtures in the room appeared new and rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated. The sleep quality was excellent thanks to the very comfortable beds. The lobby is very comfortable with flat screen TVs showing news channels and a separate, quiet work area equipped with wireless internet, computers and printers for guests. The lobby also houses the entrance of the restaurant Mica. The location is very convenient: downtown Silver Spring which is a very nice, safe area, very close to shopping, and within walking distance of the metro station and restaurants. There is a free shuttle service (within a three mile radius), which gives you access to pretty much everything you will need during your visit. All other destinations are within access of the metro (WMATA) which provides a short 15 minute trip to Washington DC. The customer service I received at this hotel has been phenomenal: the bellhop serviceman Mr Terry was very informative, knowledgeable about the entire area, very kind and very courteous- he made my trip and to-do list a lot easier than I expected it to be. The receptionists were always very helpful, well informed and warm (especially Nefertiti). This Sheraton Hotel provided great value for money with truly remarkable service.

Room Tip: Whatever your preference: speak to the receptionists: they will definitely assist you by choosing an...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We sent three guests on a business trip and they stayed at Sheraton Silver Spring. Very late in the night someone called, saying they were from the front desk. Our employees were asleep, and the person said that their system went down and they needed the credit card information again, either over the phone or come down to the front desk now. It was very late so we gave it over the phone. That night our credit card was used for $750 worth of fraudulent charges before the CC company caught it and shut it down. We have three phone calls into the manager and they have gone unanswered.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello Garyatfriends,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the incident that occured at the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel. It's saddening that people are so malicious around the holiday's and don't take into consideration the negative impact that scamming others may create. I would like to assure you that we have taken all measures to ensure this will not take place moving forward.

Please give me a call as I have phoned all parties that have left messages in regards to this matter to notify them on what is going on. I would like to know who you left a message with and I would like to follow up accordingly.

The number to the hotel is 301.589.0800.

Shawn Munoz
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a working mother and a frequent traveler.

I had traveled overnight to get to DC in the morning for meeting from the west coast. When I arrived to the hotel, I was not able to check in and the staff was rude, unfriendly, and unable to answer my concerns. Since my room wasn't ready, I asked them for where I could use a breast pump privately (ie not in a public bathroom) and they didn't have any response. Nobody knew what to do. I waited about a half an hour while they figured out what could be done and the meeting I was scheduled to attend went on without me.

When a room was finally ready, it wasn't the room I had requested. As I checked in the front desk attendant, didn't even break a smile, make eye contact with me, or provide any additional information about the hotel facilities. My room was very cold, and my heater in my room didn't work. Although I had sent the heater to 78, it never went past 65.

The only person on staff that was actually helpful to me during my two-day staff was the doorman.

I would not stay at this hotel again, and it definitely did not meet my expectations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Athena-Omaha,

My apologies that your stay in Silver Spring was not up to the standards you expect on your most recent visit. Please know that I will address the issues at hand with all associates. Please reach out to me directly at smunoz@sheratonsilverspring.com and I will personally insure your next visit is a refreshing one.

Thanks again for your gift of feedback and we will win your loyalty back!

Shawn
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Usually I am very happy when I visit a Sheraton but this Sheraton was a disappointment. Their rates were slightly lower but than a previous visit to another hotel but it certainly not a bargain. Everything was an extra charge that was not in the previous hotel we stayed at. The room was okay but nothing to write home about. I found a some trash on the floor that should of been vacuumed up so was the room vacuumed after the previous occupant? The trash was in an obvious place. The maids were very nice but did not come back with requested items that they had forgotten. Over all I would not choose to stay at this particular Sheraton again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shawn M, General Manager at Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hello Rebecca,

I apologize your stay was not a memorable experience and we didn't live up to your expectations aswell as ours. We thrive on creating connections and providing a clean and safe environment here at the Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel. I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience and how we can make your next stay problem free. I am unaware of all the details of your stay and it is very important to us that you are satisfied with your experience.

Please call me at your convenience as I would like the opportunity to address any concerns and ensure you are satisified moving forward.

Shawn

Been to Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel? Share your experiences!