“It's a former Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7990 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-4860 (Formerly Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bradenton, FL
“It's a former Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Yes, this reportedly used to be a Comfort Inn and all they changed, apparently, was the sign. Not at all to HI Express standards. Room was small, heater barely worked. Parking was a hassle and the area, IMO, is NOT safe. Always seems to be some locals hanging out in lobby. I checked out after one night. Ugh.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the DC area and staying at our hotel. I am sorry that your stay did not exceed or meet your hotel needs and please give us another chance.

Thank you for your comment and our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the New Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring and please recommend and stay with us again.

VP of Operations and Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I traveled to Silverspring,Md to see family I hadn't seen in over 40 years! After careful planning, I found this hotel was close to my aunt. It's not in the ritzy area but the service was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. I am really singing praises to Donna and Maya for keeping a very clean and full staffed free breakfast! Donna was always there checking on the guests, and making sure no items ran out. The food was
great. I have stayed in other hotels and the breakfast was cereal and juice. This break-
fast had everything from cold cereal to biscuits and gravy, and it was delicious.
All types of meats and fresh fruit, eggs, and pancakes.The man at the desk was very helpful on the night before we left in giving me info on cab service to the airport.
I will be returning to DC before the end of the year hopefully, and this will definitely be
my hotel of choice. As far as the location, we walked over to the 7/11 for some beverages
and had no problem as far as the area being safe. Thank you Holiday Inn, you rock!!!!
before we left

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the DC area and staying at our hotel. On your next visit let us recommend some more great area restaurants, monuments and fun places to visit.

Snellville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently traveled to DC to funeralize my grandmother. Not the best of occassions but you do the best you can under the circumstances. The funeral was held in Washington DC but The Holiday Inn Express was located on the same street as the funeral home, just across the MD/DC line. I flew into BWI, rented a car and drove to the hotel in the midst of DC/MD rush hour traffic. Thank goodness for the GPS, not knowing exactly where the hotel was located, I would have passed it. The hotel is located smack in the middle of the business district. The signage is on the very top of the hotel. The front of the hotel faces what looks like an alley or driveway and depending on what time you arrive, parking can be horrendous. Valet and regular parking cost the same and the parking lot was very small, I honestly didn't see the difference, if there was any, between my parking my car and valet parking. Just make sure you get a parking sticker to put on the dashboard. I must admitt, check in was easy. The front desk operators were very friendly. The hotel was obviously older, the rugs in the hallways were faded but bearable. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bedding was warm and cozy. Be sure to eat before you get there or bring your food with you because there aren't many good places to eat within walking distance. Free breakfast is included but you'd better be sure to get downstairs during serving times, otherwise, you WILL miss it. Eggs,sausage, coffee, juices,danishes, fruits, cerials, all great but again, it does get taken up when it's over! Under the circumstances, the overalll experience was nice because family made it special. Unless it's an emergency, I'm not sure if I would stay there again unless it was the summer. Finding a parking space in the frigid snow/ice was no fun.

Room Tip: They had alot of joining rooms which was needed for family.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the DC area and we are sorry for your loss and staying at our hotel. On your next visit let us recommend some more great area restaurants, monuments and fun places to visit.

Tappan, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was traveling alone with my young son to DC for a funeral and read about 10 reviews on TA about this Holiday Inn. I love Holiday Inn and have had great experiences at them and all IHG hotels. Also, it was only $95 including breakfast, close to NW DC so seemed perfect and reviews were good. After driving through snow squalls in the dark from NY for several hours, we arrive at hotel around 9:30 pm and no valet, despite my asking them if there was parking and valet when I made reservation. I pull into the outdoor lot and there's only one small parking spot covered in snow as high as 10" in part. Someone walking through lot told me they pack cars in the lot in the morning so park it near edge of lot if I needed to get out of lot in the morning without a problem. But there are signs all over lot saying violators will be towed. Not knowing what to do, I decide I will pull back up to entrance of hotel and await valet as I can't fit in the spot. And we wait. And we wait. And it's about 10 degrees out. Still no staff. After waiting another 30 minutes, no staff ever came out! Then two fire trucks arrived and started to go into hotel. We left. Didn't feel safe at all. To their credit, when we finally checked in to another hotel, I called Holiday Inn and said I needed to cancel reservation. Spoke to very nice and professional woman named Morgan who apologized for what happened and said there was an emergency in hotel and valet is also the security guard so he was dealing with situation unfolding in hotel. HOW in this post 9/11 world any hotel has one security guard for an entire hotel and ALSO has him as the valet, is beyond me! But at least they didn't give me hard time with canceling reservation. Wasted about 90 minutes when we were tired, cold and my son was scared. Do NOT recommend this spot. We ended up at Doubletree Hilton in Silver Spring.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business, I am sorry you didn't feel safe

VP of Operations & Sales
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

All in all a good stay. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous, The property is going through some renovations so only 1 elevator was working at most times- not really an issue though.The rooms are a tad small for a HIEx though - but comfortable and clean. Not sure if I was in one of the remodeled rooms - but the fixtures (light switches etc) were all crooked!
All in all OK for a business visit

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the Silver Spring / DC area. On your next visit let us recommend some more great area restaurants, monuments and fun places to visit.

Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015 via mobile

I recently stayed here while visiting family in the area. Very nicely decorated and room was comfortable. Good value for the money. Nice selection at breakfast and cinnamon rolls added a nice aroma to the room. The "make your own pancakes" we're not very tasty and difficult to eat using the lightweight plastic silverware. Staff very pleasant and attentive and made me feel welcome. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

My two girl friends and I spontaneously decided to take a mini-vacation in Washington, DC and ended up at this property. The location is great; so many things to do just in Silver Spring alone. Very convenient to get to downtown DC for a very good value. The rooms were very spacious and easily accommodated the three of us. Rapheal (guest service representative) was great and especially helpful in making our stay so great. He really went above and beyond for us.

• Stayed January 2015
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the DC area for your mini vacation and staying at our hotel. On your next visit let us recommend some more great area restaurants, monuments and fun places to visit.

VP of Operations and Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring? Share your experiences!