Hotel outside and hallway was a little dated but room was new and very clean. It is about a 10 minute walk to the metro station which has been closed on weekends only for maintenance so you take a free shuttle to NoMu station then pick up the Metro to the Mall or wherever. Hotel provides a shuttle to and from the Metro and we never had to wait over 2 minutes going. We always walked coming back. Parking is $10/day. Everyone is very friendly and we were able to check in an hour early without a problem. The breakfast area is small but that was a problem on only one day (Sunday) and only if you wanted a waffle. The breakfast area is very well attended and I never saw where they ever ran out of food. As mentioned before it is a hot breakfast - waffles, eggs, and sausage plus all the usual continental foods-plenty of food. We were on the top floor away from the elevator which was extremely quiet. There is an air conditioning unit that is head high next to the bed which for us provided the right amount of white nose so we never heard any outside noise. There is a plastic baffle that directs the cool air over your bed not in your face. It would have been nice to have a list of TV stations in the room. Not advertised it seems is they have both the Wall Street Journal and USA today at the desk each day. I never felt that safety was an issue. In fact everyone from waitresses to metro agents to those at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. I personally would have liked maybe being closer to downtown Silver Spring. Yet there is a very good seafood and burger place not too far away. Just ask the desk and they will give you directions. We were very happy staying in Silver Spring. I would not hesitate and already have recommended this to a friend. But comparison shop. If this place is less expensive than other places in Silver Spring then stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just completed a hotel renovation as of February 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Venere and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring