“Good price, clean!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Good price, clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Great continental breakfast! Hot and cold with wide variety. You have to pay 10$ for parking but it is downtown and the room price was a little cheaper than surrounding accommodations so it evened out. It's not the most convenient place for walking to the middle of downtown where everything's at. The hotel has a little wear and tear mainly in elevator and halways but I did see some people working on some rooms so they care about keeping everything in working condition. Overall the rooms were comfortable, clean, quiet, no bugs and had all needed amenities such as mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, flat screen. Staff was friendly and helpful too!

• Stayed June 2013
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

VP of Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is a reasonably priced hotel. It is close to the metro and there are some good restaurants close by. There are a lot of Ethiopian restaurants but also Thai, Indian etc. It is basic but has everything needed--TV, free WiFi in the room and the staff is friendly and helpful. Most people find the buffet breakfast suitable. In this day of obesity and diabetes I would have liked to see some whole grain bread and some plain unsweetened yogurt. The breakfast staff is very friendly. The hotel rooms are clean and the king sized bed was comfortable. I would stay here again. There is no restaurant except for the breakfast and there is a small exercise room but no pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, June 26, 2013

Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a week while visiting DC. There was no pool, but there was a small gym. The breakfast provided offered enough variety each day to satisfy us until mid afternoon. Donna and Maya, helpers in the breakfast area, were friendly and always ready to help. They were always keeping the tables and food area clean. The coffee pots were always full.
The hotel was clean and the rooms were large enough to accommodate the 3 of us. The desk clerks were friendly and ready to help with information we needed. They also provided a free shuttle to and from the metro station. We wished that there was service on the weekend. We could walk to the station because it was downhill, but took a cab back. All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, June 13, 2013

Middletown, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I arrived about 1 a.m. and the lobby was full of people loitering. It was disturbing because that is late night and I was not used to so many people being in a hotel lobby. The doorman and front desk were helpful and I had to pay to valet park my car. I do not recommend parking it on the street. A friend of ours visited and about 3 am, I escorted him out. When I open the door, there was gentleman standing outside my door in the hallway. I escorted my friend down and the gentleman came down with me on the elevator. Once again the lobby was full of people. The man outside my door got back on the elevator with me and got off on a different floor. This made me very uneasy. The rooms were clean and comfortable and I was able to get a later check out. The continental breakfast was also good. I do wish the security was a little better.

Room Tip: I would stay on a higher level for less noise and commotion
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. Got in at like 1am and the check in was quick and the front desk person was very nice and polite. I was tired and wanted to go to bed. The staff in the entire hotel was very nice. The rooms were clean and for it t be on a busy street it was very quiet. I do feel it could be a little cheaper per night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, June 3, 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I arrived at the hotel about 4:30 pm and the clerk said that I would have to pay a parking fee of $10 which I did. When I returned to the hotel there were orange cones in front of the area because the lot was full. I called the hotel and the clerk said that I would have to park on the street and I said :"no" I paid for parking and he said we are not charging for parking today.
Needless to say I had to park on the street and walk one block to the hotel. There were a lot of "walkers" in that area it felt a little creepy.
To top it off there were stains on one of the sheets and hairs on the bathroom floor, ugh!
He did put the money back on my card however, I will never stay at this hotel again, sometimes cheaper is not better,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We (party of 4) stayed for five days mid-May. The location is convenient --close to downtown, the bus and train stations, and it's actually easier to get around from the site by not being in the heart of downtown. Prices can't be beat and represent excellent value. Rooms attractive and well-kept. Breakfast outstanding--standard Comfort Inn full breakfast, but the staff is extraordinary, working constantly to help guests and keep food well-stocked and service areas clean, even when there are many guests. Other staff were helpful, polite and professional. On-site parking is reasonably priced. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 28, 2013

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway? Share your experiences!