“I paid for parking” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“I paid for parking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I arrived at the hotel about 4:30 pm and the clerk said that I would have to pay a parking fee of $10 which I did. When I returned to the hotel there were orange cones in front of the area because the lot was full. I called the hotel and the clerk said that I would have to park on the street and I said :"no" I paid for parking and he said we are not charging for parking today.
Needless to say I had to park on the street and walk one block to the hotel. There were a lot of "walkers" in that area it felt a little creepy.
To top it off there were stains on one of the sheets and hairs on the bathroom floor, ugh!
He did put the money back on my card however, I will never stay at this hotel again, sometimes cheaper is not better,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

VP of Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We (party of 4) stayed for five days mid-May. The location is convenient --close to downtown, the bus and train stations, and it's actually easier to get around from the site by not being in the heart of downtown. Prices can't be beat and represent excellent value. Rooms attractive and well-kept. Breakfast outstanding--standard Comfort Inn full breakfast, but the staff is extraordinary, working constantly to help guests and keep food well-stocked and service areas clean, even when there are many guests. Other staff were helpful, polite and professional. On-site parking is reasonably priced. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 28, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Holly Springs, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I chose this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend who lived in the DC area. I was there to stay for the weekend. It was my first time ever staying in a hotel and I must admit I was extremely wary because of all the horror stories you hear on the internet about random hotels.

They blew my expectations away.
The room was perfectly clean.
Everything worked, nothing was broken or missing.
The staff was very courteous and attentive.
Even the coffee in the room was good!
The little business center (basically a desk with outlets for a laptop and such) was very handy and very much welcomed.

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. They get an A+ in my opinion!

Green Features: They offer little easels on which notes are written to let you know that they will wash or not wash those particular items if left or not left in place.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, June 3, 2013

York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort Inn for three days with our two boys while visiting DC. This hotel was clean, in a nice area, friendly and up to date. We arrived the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend at 11:00 AM and immediately were able to get into a room. Also had no problem with parking in their small lot. As I said, the room was very clean and modern. Plenty of hot water and AC worked well. We did have a room with a connecting door and could here the conversation in the next room but thankfully that family slept the same time we did. Fridge and micro come with room. They were in perfect condition. Beds were comfortable. The hotel offers a shuttle to the metro. They were very accommodating with driving us to the metro. Getting a ride back was a little more difficult. Two evenings in a row we needed to call twice to get a ride. They do say that rides are only every hour on the hour after 11:00 AM and we called before the hour both times but after the hour they weren't there for pick up. The first time it was 8:15 and they still weren't there. The second evening we only waited until 7:05 and called again (we had called at 6:40 to let them know we were ready for pick up). It's about a 15 minute walk from the metro to the hotel and it's a decent area so we walked back the third evening. The breakfast buffet was great with lots of choices. Eating area is small so get there early for a seat.
The parking lot was full on the weekend and as another reviewer mentioned there is a parking garage around the corner that has free parking on the weekends. We moved our car to the parking garage on Friday evening and did not need to pay the parking fee for our last day.
The metro ride to downtown was about 15-20 minutes depending on where exactly you're going and the time of day. The metro was easy to navigate and getting a smarttrip card is worthwhile. I recommend this hotel for families visiting DC.

Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We chose the Comfort Inn in Silver Springs for our stay in DC from the reviews from Trip Advisor. The staff is so wonderful. We really appreciated the gals at the breakfast buffet in the morning. They were so sweet and wonderful. Our rooms were very clean and the shower was wonderful, plenty of warm water. I really liked the fact that I spoke to the front desk multiple of times prior to our arrival and spoke to the same person each time and he was so helpful. The only thing that I was disappointed in was when we needed a taxi back to the Reagan airport, we had them call us a taxi and the gentleman at the front desk assured us he called a company they regularly use and even though the chauffeur driver was very interesting to talk with, it cost us double to get back to the airport at $65.00. That was not expected. Otherwise, if you are looking for a clean, personable inn to stay at a reasonable price, this is it. Again, I loved the ladies at the breakfast buffet and the manager in the morning. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well. We miss DC already!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 27, 2013

Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

First I would like to say I totally disagree with others on the customer service. We received warm and friendly service from the front desk, room attendants and the valet attendant! Always a smile and a greeting. The room was a great price, CLEAN, and very roomy. The only downfall is that the connecting door must have been missing in the room next door,because we could hear our neighbor loud and clear. We could hear them, but not the ones on the other side, so walls are ok. Breakfast staff are wonderful and the food choices are good. We will be back!

Room Tip: Corner room may be a better room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we will address all matters.Our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

In first view, this hotel must be seeming very strange ; a big stone block where all can be missing. But the service doesn't reinforce this first view. It was not excellent, but it's not poor for all that.

Just one problem : the system of cards which open the rooms' doors is very poor, his. Not only do they deactivated all time, but also sometimes you won't enter in your room. In case of event like that, the reception can change your card, but it's really boring going all days at the bottom.

I expect you to enlighten your mind, with my very bad practice of english.
Goodbye, see your souls.

WP — 16 year-old student (French).

• Stayed April 2013
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway? Share your experiences!