“Great staff at Comfort Inn, Silver Springs, MD” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7990 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-4860 (Formerly Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Spokane, WA
“Great staff at Comfort Inn, Silver Springs, MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We chose the Comfort Inn in Silver Springs for our stay in DC from the reviews from Trip Advisor. The staff is so wonderful. We really appreciated the gals at the breakfast buffet in the morning. They were so sweet and wonderful. Our rooms were very clean and the shower was wonderful, plenty of warm water. I really liked the fact that I spoke to the front desk multiple of times prior to our arrival and spoke to the same person each time and he was so helpful. The only thing that I was disappointed in was when we needed a taxi back to the Reagan airport, we had them call us a taxi and the gentleman at the front desk assured us he called a company they regularly use and even though the chauffeur driver was very interesting to talk with, it cost us double to get back to the airport at $65.00. That was not expected. Otherwise, if you are looking for a clean, personable inn to stay at a reasonable price, this is it. Again, I loved the ladies at the breakfast buffet and the manager in the morning. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well. We miss DC already!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, May 27, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

VP of Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

First I would like to say I totally disagree with others on the customer service. We received warm and friendly service from the front desk, room attendants and the valet attendant! Always a smile and a greeting. The room was a great price, CLEAN, and very roomy. The only downfall is that the connecting door must have been missing in the room next door,because we could hear our neighbor loud and clear. We could hear them, but not the ones on the other side, so walls are ok. Breakfast staff are wonderful and the food choices are good. We will be back!

Room Tip: Corner room may be a better room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, May 2, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we will address all matters.Our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

In first view, this hotel must be seeming very strange ; a big stone block where all can be missing. But the service doesn't reinforce this first view. It was not excellent, but it's not poor for all that.

Just one problem : the system of cards which open the rooms' doors is very poor, his. Not only do they deactivated all time, but also sometimes you won't enter in your room. In case of event like that, the reception can change your card, but it's really boring going all days at the bottom.

I expect you to enlighten your mind, with my very bad practice of english.
Goodbye, see your souls.

WP — 16 year-old student (French).

• Stayed April 2013
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfirned and I travelled to Washington DC and stayed just for one night. We are from Argentina.
The hotel is excelent, the service is very complete (buffet breakfast & shuttle to metro station was free). We walked once to the station just to know the neighbourhood and it is very near, just 6 blocks. You have some fast food restaurants just in front of the station, so when you come back from the city you can eat something there if you want. By metro, the travel to DC is just 15 minutes from the station. This hotel will be cheap, considering the prices you will pay in DC for such similar service.
The room was great, big, with air conditioner, flat TV, fridge, coffe machine (including one bag of regular coffee, one decaf, tea, sugar, etc), microwave, hair dryer.
The staff was very nice and helpfull at every time, they always asked if we were comfortable or if we need anything, specially Melisia.
I tottaly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC!!! If I go back some day, of course I will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the cheapest room with king size bed in the last floor and it was very quiet and comfort...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, decent breakfast with eggs. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as well. I found the hotel a bit further from the Silver Springs Metro train to DC than I would have liked, the neighborhood ok but not stellar, and some of the other clientele at Comfort Inn a bit rough around the edges, shall we say. Good hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

At check in, the desk clerk advised I had 2 reservations. I advised her I only made a single reservation for 1 room for 2 adults. She indicated she understood and proceeded to check me in.

The room was small, the bed was located only about 18-24 inches away from the air conditioner. The air conditioner had been fitted with a plastic adapter which forced the stream of air to blow directly onto the bed in the area where your head rested. I awoke in the morning with a sore throat (no surprise).

In the morning, while in the breakfast area, I noticed two Comfort Inn supervisors observing the breakfast service. I related to them the poor ergonomics or the plastic modification shield blowing the stream of cold air directly onto a sleeping person's head. One of the supervisors proceeded to try and justify the setup, then asked me point blank to go onto the Comfort Inn and/or TripAdvisor websites and give them an outstanding rating - ?? (No chance)

Two days later, I discovered Comfort Inn had billed my credit card for both reservations, 2 different room numbers, even after I pointed out the mistake when I checked in. It required 3 telephone calls to get a credit for the duplicate billing.

My advice - stay clear of this one !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is nicely renovated hotel with easy access to DC. Every staff member (especially Kiran!) I spoke with was eager to help and met me with a smile on their face. I will definitely be back next time I have business in DC.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring? Share your experiences!