“Excelent hotel and service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Pilar, Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excelent hotel and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boyfirned and I travelled to Washington DC and stayed just for one night. We are from Argentina.
The hotel is excelent, the service is very complete (buffet breakfast & shuttle to metro station was free). We walked once to the station just to know the neighbourhood and it is very near, just 6 blocks. You have some fast food restaurants just in front of the station, so when you come back from the city you can eat something there if you want. By metro, the travel to DC is just 15 minutes from the station. This hotel will be cheap, considering the prices you will pay in DC for such similar service.
The room was great, big, with air conditioner, flat TV, fridge, coffe machine (including one bag of regular coffee, one decaf, tea, sugar, etc), microwave, hair dryer.
The staff was very nice and helpfull at every time, they always asked if we were comfortable or if we need anything, specially Melisia.
I tottaly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC!!! If I go back some day, of course I will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the cheapest room with king size bed in the last floor and it was very quiet and comfort...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 28, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New Jersey, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The rooms were very nice, beds comfortable, decent breakfast with eggs. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as well. I found the hotel a bit further from the Silver Springs Metro train to DC than I would have liked, the neighborhood ok but not stellar, and some of the other clientele at Comfort Inn a bit rough around the edges, shall we say. Good hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we will address all matters.Our hotel staff look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

At check in, the desk clerk advised I had 2 reservations. I advised her I only made a single reservation for 1 room for 2 adults. She indicated she understood and proceeded to check me in.

The room was small, the bed was located only about 18-24 inches away from the air conditioner. The air conditioner had been fitted with a plastic adapter which forced the stream of air to blow directly onto the bed in the area where your head rested. I awoke in the morning with a sore throat (no surprise).

In the morning, while in the breakfast area, I noticed two Comfort Inn supervisors observing the breakfast service. I related to them the poor ergonomics or the plastic modification shield blowing the stream of cold air directly onto a sleeping person's head. One of the supervisors proceeded to try and justify the setup, then asked me point blank to go onto the Comfort Inn and/or TripAdvisor websites and give them an outstanding rating - ?? (No chance)

Two days later, I discovered Comfort Inn had billed my credit card for both reservations, 2 different room numbers, even after I pointed out the mistake when I checked in. It required 3 telephone calls to get a credit for the duplicate billing.

My advice - stay clear of this one !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is nicely renovated hotel with easy access to DC. Every staff member (especially Kiran!) I spoke with was eager to help and met me with a smile on their face. I will definitely be back next time I have business in DC.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

Jacknville, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife an I stayed here while visiting Washington DC because we earned some free nights with the choice hotels credit card. It was close enough to the Metrorail to walk, but their doorman happily shuttled us daily. Great kid. The room was nice and clean. It had even been updated. The young lady at the desk, Jennifer, I think, was very helpful, and made us feel very welcome and appreciated. Don't count out Silver Spring if visiting DC. There is all sorts of good food near the hotel and it's in a pretty good area. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed April 2013
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 13, 2013

Manasquan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on our recent trip to Washington DC. because it was convenient to a family home where the rest of our party stayed. It is also convenient to the metro (shuttle service provided) for those who don't want to drive into DC. The staff were all friendly and more than helpful. The room was clean with a coffe maker, fridge and microwave that met all our needs. The breakfast room was well stocked but a bit small on days when a large group was in attendance. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 9, 2013

Piscataway, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice renovation, This is the best comfort inn I ever stayed in, hotel was very clean and staff was very friendly including manager(Harry).
I have never been to Maryland before it was my first time, I was kind of surprise to to city such well up-kept. They also have shuttle so if you want to get around silver springs its very convenience to get around to eat or shop,

Thanks

• Stayed March 2013
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway? Share your experiences!