At check in, the desk clerk advised I had 2 reservations. I advised her I only made a single reservation for 1 room for 2 adults. She indicated she understood and proceeded to check me in.
The room was small, the bed was located only about 18-24 inches away from the air conditioner. The air conditioner had been fitted with a plastic adapter which forced the stream of air to blow directly onto the bed in the area where your head rested. I awoke in the morning with a sore throat (no surprise).
In the morning, while in the breakfast area, I noticed two Comfort Inn supervisors observing the breakfast service. I related to them the poor ergonomics or the plastic modification shield blowing the stream of cold air directly onto a sleeping person's head. One of the supervisors proceeded to try and justify the setup, then asked me point blank to go onto the Comfort Inn and/or TripAdvisor websites and give them an outstanding rating - ?? (No chance)
Two days later, I discovered Comfort Inn had billed my credit card for both reservations, 2 different room numbers, even after I pointed out the mistake when I checked in. It required 3 telephone calls to get a credit for the duplicate billing.
My advice - stay clear of this one !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just completed a hotel renovation as of February 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring