“OUTstanding hospitality & convenient location.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edgerton, Wisconsin
“OUTstanding hospitality & convenient location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn, Silver Spring for the first time with the Discovering Democracy field study group (Milton, WI) late in March 2013 and am VERY GLAD to have become acquainted with the motel! The hospitality expressed by the staff - each and every staffer I communicated with - with helpfulness and friendliness. The breakfast each morning was more complete than I have experienced in my many travels to various hotels/motels. Donna put icing on the cake with her friendliness each morning. Once I learned the location of the Silver Springs Metro station and got acquainted with the downtown from the motel, I was impressed by the convenient location of the motel. The Shuttle on weekdays is very helpful. Disappointed no shuttle on weekends (Sat & Sun). I am looking forward to being back again... the sooner the better...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, April 7, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway and please recommend us.

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First of all I live in MA. My wife, brother-in-law, and I were coming back from vacation in Orlando FL. Our van broke down in Silver Springs MD. It was a Saturday night March 16 at 11:30. We had help finding your hotel. We checked in with a gentleman named Jaime. We had told Jaime what had happened with the van. He made the check in process very smooth and easy for us. He had given us directions to an auto zone to get the part we needed. He also gave us a name of a mechanic he said could help us. Just before going up to our room, room 415, he had offered to take us to the auto zone in the morning if we could be downstairs for 7:00. He told us he would be leaving at 7:00. We did meet him in the lobby at 7. We had breakfast down stairs before leaving. He indeed drove us to the auto zone and told us where to meet the mechanic.
He got us to Auto Zone at 8:00. They did not open until 9. He offered to wait with us til they opened then bring us back to where our van was broken down. He insisted that it was no problem for him to wait with us. We feel he went above and beyond what he need to do to help us. We never expected this kind of help but were greatly appreciative of his help.He did leave us at Auto zone as we had asked. We knew he had been up all night and needed to get some rest and do things he probably needed to do for himself.
It was a blessing to know that there are still people like Jaime out there who are more than happy to help those in need. Even though we were only there in your hotel for one night, I believe Jaime treats all hotel guest with the same generosity as he had shown us. The truth is, he made our stay there very good. If I ever need to stay in your area again, I would definately go back to your hotel because of Jaime. He is a great person to have to represent your hotel and your hotel is very lucky to have such a wonderful person like him.
I hope Jaime gets recognized from the hotel for the effort he put in to helping us as a guest in the hotel.
Kris P.

Room Tip: I have no tip other than Jaime was a great help to us.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

Lumberton, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We really enjoyed the Comfort Inn Georgia Ave. The hotel was clean and neat. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Great location near the attraction in DC. Highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Next time you are looking for a hotel in DC, check out the Comfort Inn Georgia Ave.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have microwaves and refrigerators to make you feel at home.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff was extremely helpful and so was the housekeeping staff! Room was clean and smelled great! Free coffee in the lobby and free breakfast really helped to get my day going. Overall a really great stay there is street parking that is available, but $10 for parking seems reasonable and safer because there are obvious camera's all over the parking lot and there are no chances of getting towed or ticketed! The area itself was not really near much so I would probably not stay unless I had a car or would be willing to take a bus/taxi somewhere. Local places to get food delivery were good also. I recommend using seamless if you are in the area. Very well priced for a no frills stay!

Probably the only downside was that the bed was not as comfortable as some of the nicer hotels. But honestly for the price the room and staff extremely exceeded my expectations. Could not have asked for more!

Also the showers are great! And having a fridge and microwave in the room is great when you are planning on keeping leftovers around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway for your next stay and please recommend us.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I first visit to Washington dc was for President Barack Obama inauguration January 2012. We stayed at the Comfort Inn Hotel at 7990 Georgia Avenue, and the hotel was nothing to recommend. This year for President Barack Obama inauguration my wife and I were hesitant to make reservations at the Comfort Inn Hotel at 7990 Georgia Avenue, but with last minute planning we had no choice. Arriving to the hotel we both were astonish on the upgrade. It look almost brand new drastically better than the last time. The young lady who check us in Jessica was nice and pleasant. She informed my wife and I that the hotel shuttle doesn’t run on the weekend we were a little disappointed but got over was we were in our room. My wife was very pleased with the new setup but, didn’t like the small closet space. The neighborhood reminds me of any city “busy”. The security guard Keithin is very dependable as he walks up and down each hallway on each floor and through the small parking lot. The night staff employee Jaime had a great hospitality, very helpful, and well knowledgeable about getting around in Washington DC area. The breakfast was very crowded in a small space but there was a variety of breakfast foods to choose from that were tasty. Compared to my wife and I last stay this was two thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an excellent hotel on the inside, but needs a little work on the outside. Paid for parking nightly but ended up Valeting because their parking lot is so. Not large enough to accommodate hotel guests, especially after sight seeing. Stayed at hotel during Inauguration and two days there was no hot water. Manager only wanted to give $10 back (parking fee) for one night. Can you say Icesicle. Can you image 20 degrees outside and having to return to hotel to take a cold shower? I dont think so. It looks like a renovated dorm building from the outside, but the rooms were excellent and more than I expected. Breakfast was also great, not just a little continental breakfast, but BREAKFAST. Security was there at all times. Despite all, I would stay again. Great location to other shopping in downtown Silver Springs and walking distance to train station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay. I apologize about the cold water issue, it has been fixed.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My stay at the comfort Inn was delightful thanks to the front desk employee Jaime. The Hilton In Rockville MD messed up my Reservations, I was so upset!! Driving around looking for hotels near the Red line METRO stations was frustrating, and almost impossible. I called 411 and ask for hotel numbers. Finally, I found a hotel near a red line metro station with a decent price....THE COMFORNT INN SILVER SPRING/DC GATEWAY!! it was about 2:30am and the front desk employee Jaime made my reservations over the phone and accommodating my special request for the room. He stood on the phone while giving me accurate directions from Rockville MD. upon arriving to the hotel he check me in with no problems, gave me maps of the area, and great dinning tips. I was very impress with his excellent customer service. When I arrived to the room I am very pleased with the cozy and decent room which had a FLAT SCREEN TV, nice furniture, and decent comforters. As long as JAIME is at the front desk I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Jaime he will accommodate special request, mine was turn on Heat in room before I arrived. A...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway? Share your experiences!