“Looks Are Deceiving” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring

You added Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7990 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910-4860 (Formerly Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
“Looks Are Deceiving”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an excellent hotel on the inside, but needs a little work on the outside. Paid for parking nightly but ended up Valeting because their parking lot is so. Not large enough to accommodate hotel guests, especially after sight seeing. Stayed at hotel during Inauguration and two days there was no hot water. Manager only wanted to give $10 back (parking fee) for one night. Can you say Icesicle. Can you image 20 degrees outside and having to return to hotel to take a cold shower? I dont think so. It looks like a renovated dorm building from the outside, but the rooms were excellent and more than I expected. Breakfast was also great, not just a little continental breakfast, but BREAKFAST. Security was there at all times. Despite all, I would stay again. Great location to other shopping in downtown Silver Springs and walking distance to train station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business during your recent stay. I apologize about the cold water issue, it has been fixed.

Thank you for your comment and we look forward to you returning to the Comfort Inn- DC Gateway for your next stay and please recommend us.

VP of Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My stay at the comfort Inn was delightful thanks to the front desk employee Jaime. The Hilton In Rockville MD messed up my Reservations, I was so upset!! Driving around looking for hotels near the Red line METRO stations was frustrating, and almost impossible. I called 411 and ask for hotel numbers. Finally, I found a hotel near a red line metro station with a decent price....THE COMFORNT INN SILVER SPRING/DC GATEWAY!! it was about 2:30am and the front desk employee Jaime made my reservations over the phone and accommodating my special request for the room. He stood on the phone while giving me accurate directions from Rockville MD. upon arriving to the hotel he check me in with no problems, gave me maps of the area, and great dinning tips. I was very impress with his excellent customer service. When I arrived to the room I am very pleased with the cozy and decent room which had a FLAT SCREEN TV, nice furniture, and decent comforters. As long as JAIME is at the front desk I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Jaime he will accommodate special request, mine was turn on Heat in room before I arrived. A...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed recently with my mother and daughter for a family visit. The rooms were comfortable and a notch above what I expected. Closet space is very limited, almost nonexistent. The bath was smallish but not too small. Small elevators. Only 2 luggage carts. Continental breakfast was good including bagels, toast, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The staff was very pleasant and attentive to correcting a problem I had booking the first night's stay. No on-site restaurant. The rate was comparable to nicer hotels nearby. Parking is $10 a day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am in the military and was in the area to go to Walter Reed for an appt, and while being there decided to sighsee with my family. Navy Lodge in Bethesda messed up my reservations, and after driving all night was desperately needing a room somewhere. All the other hotels were booked and the ones that had vacancies had terrible reviews. So, I called Comfort Inn, Jamie at the front desk took good care of me and my family, getting us into a clean room (which is what I appreicate most when I stay at a hotel) and was able to get a fantastic rate even though we arrived at 6 am and needed the room for 1 1/2 days. Liked the hotel so much that we stayed 3 additional nights. Great breakfast in the a.m. and so happy that there was off street parking that was well lit and had cameras. Overrall I would stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Request a room at the end of a hall for less noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 6 days. The location is 0.6 miles from Silver Spring Metro and the hotel provides a shuttle to the station if you don’t want to walk. It is about a 20-minute metro ride to D.C. There are many eating places around the area and a 7-11 across the hotel. I travelled solo and as a female, felt safe walking at night.
The room was in clean condition except the light switches were very grimy. On 2 separate days, I found black hair in the hotel towels. There is nothing grosser than finding hair in what is expected to be clean! The hot water did not work one of the nights until the following afternoon. The bed was comfortable except the pillows are too small.
The customer service from the female staff was excellent! They always had a smile on their faces and very welcoming. For this, I give them 5 stars.
However, most of male staff needs customer service. A few weeks before my arrival, I called to confirm my reservation. The male who answered the phone did not understand English and he had to transfer the phone to another female staff. On another occasion, I came downstairs to catch the shuttle. I heard the male at the front desk in a confrontation with a guest. He could have handled that situation better. Afterwards, I asked him about the shuttle. He wasn’t friendly towards me nor did he make an effort to call the driver. I had to follow up, this time with a female staff, in which she called the driver.
The worst encounter was on my last day. It was 4 am and walked at the front desk. I was standing in front of Jaime for about a minute and not once he looked up from his computer. He acted as if I was invisible! I finally said, “Hi, I’m checking out” and he told me that he was busy and I had to wait 5 minutes. When he was done, he said, “Here you go” as he handed the bill. No thank you, not an ounce of customer service from him. I spent over $1,200 staying at this hotel and my business was not appreciated at all. Next time, I’ll take my business somewhere else! A few minutes later, another guest came to check out. Again, Jaime did not look up from his computer and the guest was the one who greeted him first. Why is this guy working the front desk?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We value your opinion and appreciate your business. Please contact our General Manager for your inconvience and we apologize that your stay was not legendary.

Our hotel will be addressing all matters concerning your guest experience. I hope you give us another chance to "win" your business.

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed at many comfort inns around the country this one is average to poor. The hot water did not work the first night and the shuttle service which I was promised did not have a driver that day. The breakfast area was very crowded and you could barely have a spot to sit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 23, 2013

Thank you for your comment and your concerns,

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for a week recently and the overall experience was really good. Since Silver Spring was a new area to me, I was scared at first of how the hotel might be. But the location was good and so was the stay. Staff were all friendly and caring, especially the ever-smiling Donna. Its location is perfect for people working downtown, and there are quite a few good restaurants nearby for those who care to walk.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
eugenemorris, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

VP of Operations & Sales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring? Share your experiences!