I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 6 days. The location is 0.6 miles from Silver Spring Metro and the hotel provides a shuttle to the station if you don’t want to walk. It is about a 20-minute metro ride to D.C. There are many eating places around the area and a 7-11 across the hotel. I travelled solo and as a female, felt safe walking at night.
The room was in clean condition except the light switches were very grimy. On 2 separate days, I found black hair in the hotel towels. There is nothing grosser than finding hair in what is expected to be clean! The hot water did not work one of the nights until the following afternoon. The bed was comfortable except the pillows are too small.
The customer service from the female staff was excellent! They always had a smile on their faces and very welcoming. For this, I give them 5 stars.
However, most of male staff needs customer service. A few weeks before my arrival, I called to confirm my reservation. The male who answered the phone did not understand English and he had to transfer the phone to another female staff. On another occasion, I came downstairs to catch the shuttle. I heard the male at the front desk in a confrontation with a guest. He could have handled that situation better. Afterwards, I asked him about the shuttle. He wasn’t friendly towards me nor did he make an effort to call the driver. I had to follow up, this time with a female staff, in which she called the driver.
The worst encounter was on my last day. It was 4 am and walked at the front desk. I was standing in front of Jaime for about a minute and not once he looked up from his computer. He acted as if I was invisible! I finally said, “Hi, I’m checking out” and he told me that he was busy and I had to wait 5 minutes. When he was done, he said, “Here you go” as he handed the bill. No thank you, not an ounce of customer service from him. I spent over $1,200 staying at this hotel and my business was not appreciated at all. Next time, I’ll take my business somewhere else! A few minutes later, another guest came to check out. Again, Jaime did not look up from his computer and the guest was the one who greeted him first. Why is this guy working the front desk?
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just completed a hotel renovation as of February 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.