This hotel was great a price vs the other places we looked at in DC. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. Staff called the room after we checked in to ensure it was acceptable. Breakfast was buffet style and offered a decent selection, though the area was small so it was sometimes hard to get a table.
The hotel is about a 10 minute fast walk from the metro that will get you into DC in 20 minutes. There was also a shuttle, though we didn't use it.The area immediately around the hotel is quiet pedestrian wise but there is a large mall on the way from the metro including a few restaurants and a large supermarket.
A few words of warning - there was track maintenance going on the metro the day we were leaving and my girlfriend had to wait an hour for a train and almost missed her connection to the airport. Best to be aware.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 127 Newly Renovated Guest Rooms & Public Area's as of December 16, 2014 Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Restaurants & Lounge's within walking distance Interior Corridors, Two Elevators & every guest room has a Microwave & Refrigerator 4 blocks from Metro Station Complimentary Shuttle(7am-9pm/Mon-Fri) Valet & Self-Parking available($10 a day) Bus Parking is Free for Groups Free Fitness Center & Business Center Stay with us to earn & use your IHG Rewards any where in the World & with us Free Wireless & Cable High Speed Internet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC N Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring