This hotel was great a price vs the other places we looked at in DC. The room was clean and well maintained. The bed was comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. Staff called the room after we checked in to ensure it was acceptable. Breakfast was buffet style and offered a decent selection, though the area was small so it was sometimes hard to get a table.
The hotel is about a 10 minute fast walk from the metro that will get you into DC in 20 minutes. There was also a shuttle, though we didn't use it.The area immediately around the hotel is quiet pedestrian wise but there is a large mall on the way from the metro including a few restaurants and a large supermarket.
A few words of warning - there was track maintenance going on the metro the day we were leaving and my girlfriend had to wait an hour for a train and almost missed her connection to the airport. Best to be aware.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel
- Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/Dc Gateway Hotel Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Comfort Inn
- Silver Spring Ramada
- Ramada Silver Spring
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have just completed a hotel renovation as of February 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Georgia Ave/DC Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.