“Great value and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great value and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here last week. I had called around to a few places in the area, and the front desk employee (I think he said his name was Ankit) was by far the most helpful. The place was just the best value in the area and the employees were kind and knowledgable.

• Stayed October 2013
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about the Days Inn in Silver Spring. We do appreciate your business during your recent stay. We look forward for you to visit us again as we have made some updates to our rooms from your last stay. Thank You

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Point Of Rocks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I asked for a nonsmoking room and received one, however it smelled like smoke. The hallway smelled like smoke as well. The air conditioner/heater did not work properly. The dial never set. It wasn't worth the $ 75 I spent on the room. The channels on the television were fuzzy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Based on your review we have made changes and updates to our rooms for an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We request you to come back and visit us to see our updates.
Management
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I booked this room because I had to be close to the DC area for work. I've been to several hotels in the area ans this is the worst hotel I've stayed in the DC area. Thank goodness I was only here for one night. When I first walked into the front desk I was surprised that there was bullet proof glass between the customers and the employees. Uhh..okay. Then I read a notice posted that said something to the effect of "Do not give information to anyone calling you in the room asking for personal information." So I thought..."so this is a reoccuring incident? Strangers calling guests on their room phone to scam them?" Alright...so I check in to my room. It was night time, didn't feel safe. As soon as I open the door the room just reeked of SMOKE. It smelled like someone has been smoking in this room. It was like walking into a casino but worse. This was worse because it was in a confined space, no ventilation, nowhere for the smell to go. This was in room 225. Lastly, there's a constant tapping sound. I don't know where it's coming from. I was on call so I wasn't planning on getting a restful night's sleep anyway and it was one night. if you're planning to stay here for a vacation or for more than a night, I would look somewhere else. Oh, and one last thing, the internet keeps logging me out. I'll be doing something online and all of a sudden the signal would go away and I would have to log back on with the password. I bought this room on a third party website for cheaper than their advertised price. I booked at a website that didn't show me the name of the hotel until after I booked. But if you're thinking of this place....just do little more reasearch on tripadvisor or stay just a few miles out on the beltway.

Room Tip: don't stay in 225
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Aiko,
We do apologize that you were not satisfied during your stay. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to all our guest. Its unfortunate that you feel that you did not receive it. We would like you to know that we have on going renovations and updates to the property as we speak. Please come visit us and see the updates for a pleasant stay.
Rockville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid $101.69 and was directed to room # 117. 5 mins. after entering the room, someone just pushed in the door and entered, I thought I had locked the deadbolt only to find that there was a knob, but no bolt. After speaking to the manager he directed me to room 121 however, the lock on the door there, did not work either. Finally they placed me in a 3rd room #124 which had no hot running water or heat. THIS HOTEL IS NOT SECURE!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are currently renovating our property along with on going preventative maintenance program. As always if you would like to contact me please call (301) 588-4400 for further discussion of your stay at the Days Inn Silver Spring.

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!