“Nice people; very poor facility” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8040 13th Street / I-495, Silver Spring, MD 20910   |
Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring

182 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I booked this room because I had to be close to the DC area for work. I've been to several hotels in the area ans this is the worst hotel I've stayed in the DC area. Thank goodness I was only here for one night. When I first walked into the front desk I was surprised that there was bullet proof glass between the customers and the employees. Uhh..okay. Then I read a notice posted that said something to the effect of "Do not give information to anyone calling you in the room asking for personal information." So I thought..."so this is a reoccuring incident? Strangers calling guests on their room phone to scam them?" Alright...so I check in to my room. It was night time, didn't feel safe. As soon as I open the door the room just reeked of SMOKE. It smelled like someone has been smoking in this room. It was like walking into a casino but worse. This was worse because it was in a confined space, no ventilation, nowhere for the smell to go. This was in room 225. Lastly, there's a constant tapping sound. I don't know where it's coming from. I was on call so I wasn't planning on getting a restful night's sleep anyway and it was one night. if you're planning to stay here for a vacation or for more than a night, I would look somewhere else. Oh, and one last thing, the internet keeps logging me out. I'll be doing something online and all of a sudden the signal would go away and I would have to log back on with the password. I bought this room on a third party website for cheaper than their advertised price. I booked at a website that didn't show me the name of the hotel until after I booked. But if you're thinking of this place....just do little more reasearch on tripadvisor or stay just a few miles out on the beltway.

Room Tip: don't stay in 225
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Aiko,
We do apologize that you were not satisfied during your stay. Our goal is to provide excellent customer service to all our guest. Its unfortunate that you feel that you did not receive it. We would like you to know that we have on going renovations and updates to the property as we speak. Please come visit us and see the updates for a pleasant stay.
Rockville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I paid $101.69 and was directed to room # 117. 5 mins. after entering the room, someone just pushed in the door and entered, I thought I had locked the deadbolt only to find that there was a knob, but no bolt. After speaking to the manager he directed me to room 121 however, the lock on the door there, did not work either. Finally they placed me in a 3rd room #124 which had no hot running water or heat. THIS HOTEL IS NOT SECURE!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your review and we do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We are currently renovating our property along with on going preventative maintenance program. As always if you would like to contact me please call (301) 588-4400 for further discussion of your stay at the Days Inn Silver Spring.
Van Wert, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this Days Inn because we have had great experiences with other Days Inn. We were actually staying for a week because we were visiting our son who was interning for NOAA in Silver Spring. My husband likes to save money, so he booked the whole week here because it was cheap. I guess we figured out why. The hotel was not taken well care of. Just about everything in our room either didn't work or was broken. The worst part, I woke up at 3:00 am to the sound of something rattling plastic...well it was mice. They got into our donut box, and even chewed a hole through the box and ate half of one donut. We brought this to the front desk's attention, and they acted like they were appalled, but it was obvious they knew that they had a mice problem. To top this off, my son dropped something behind the head of the bed, when he lifted the mattress to retrieve the item, he found a glue trap with two dead mice on it. The other problem we had at this hotel, was trying to get towels and wash cloths. We had four people in our room, and they gave us two towels and one wash cloth. When I called down for more, I had to go to the front desk to get them. When I got down to the front desk, they would only give me three towels and three wash cloths. We were staying for six days. I had to do this every day, and practically beg for them. I was not impressed with this place. The room was clean overall, but it really needed some repairs and updating. However, the mice problem was not acceptable!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Based on your review we have made changes and updates to our rooms for an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We request you to come back and visit us to see our updates.
Management
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel a great deal and I cannot express the level of disgust I felt checking into this place. A non smoking room with an ash tray on the table? Carpets that are soiled and lifting, smell in the room and I can guarantee what crawls around after the lights go off. Days Inn should drop this property and their affiliation from their lineup. OK, have to keep review brief as I went a couple exits over to my preferred Hampton Inn which I did not know was close. Good night all, I am going to boil myself and eliminate any trace that I was near this Days Inn. What hospitality ISN'T.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Management

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!