“Arrived, and Left just as fast.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Ellington, Connecticut, United States
“Arrived, and Left just as fast.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel a great deal and I cannot express the level of disgust I felt checking into this place. A non smoking room with an ash tray on the table? Carpets that are soiled and lifting, smell in the room and I can guarantee what crawls around after the lights go off. Days Inn should drop this property and their affiliation from their lineup. OK, have to keep review brief as I went a couple exits over to my preferred Hampton Inn which I did not know was close. Good night all, I am going to boil myself and eliminate any trace that I was near this Days Inn. What hospitality ISN'T.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Based on your review we have made changes and updates to our rooms for an enjoyable and pleasant stay. We request you to come back and visit us to see our updates.
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Woonsocket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Rooms were dirty, rugs disgusting, Roaches, and the help knew when ALL of us complained about the issues... They knew !!! It will never happen AGAIN that I stay in the Days Inn it's worth the extra money to stay ANY WHERE else !!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

New York City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was surprised when I entered the hot stuffy lobby to check in, to see the front desk enclosed in Plexiglass as if it were a bank. Strange I thought. When I gave my name, my reservation for two rooms was verified and I was given the invoices to sign. Before doing so I noticed two different prices for the two nights the rooms were booked. I gave the manager my booking confirmation print out and he instructed the clerk who did not seem to know what he was doing, to make the change.
The place is filthy, run down, and in need of remodeling. It's so bad, it should be condemned. The stairs leading to the second floor are made of iron, and the have holes and broken pieces on them. the walls, doors haven't seen paint in a long time. The air conditioner in the room I went into did not work well, the smoke alarm was hanging off the wall, the drawer handles were broken, and the toilet had no seat cover. In addition, there were insects flying in the room and I killed a roach with my shoe that was crawling on the wall.
The bed I slept on had no mattress cover, the bottom sheet was not fitted, so it came off and I found myself sleeping on plastic covering. The coffee maker in both rooms were never washed and cleaned. The property was chosen because of its close proximity to Washington, DC.
I've stayed in many Days Inn properties before and never experienced anything like what I did at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
onesun4me,
During the time of your stay we were updating and renovating rooms. We would like to invite you to re-visit us and experience the updates. At your earliest convenience please give us a call so we can make your reservation. The number is (301) 588-4400.
General Manager,
Joe

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Silver Spring

Address: 8040 13th Street / I-495, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Location: United States > Maryland > Silver Spring
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Silver Spring 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Silver Spring Hotel Silver Spring

If you own or manage Days Inn Silver Spring, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.