“Not good” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Silver Spring to your Saves list
Days Inn Silver Spring
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8040 13th Street / I-495, Silver Spring, MD 20910   |
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bryson City, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This place is old and very run down. Nothing works. The pool was closed, the computer in the lobby was out of service, lights in our room didn't work, the sink would not drain, the fridge froze our food and water. I picked this hotel (really just a small motel) because of the price and proximity to DC, but I wished I had paid more and stayed someplace nicer. I even convinced my sister and her family to stay with us and I was so embarrassed when we got there. Of the seven of us in three rooms, three of us in two rooms got bitten by bed bugs and asked for our rooms to be changed. There is not enough parking for everyone and they had a huge dumpster in the parking lot taking up several spaces so that made it even worse. When my granddaughter's stuffed toy got taken by the housekeeping staff by mistake when the sheets were changed on the bed, no one could find it, and the office staff insisted they did not have it. My daughter had to go back to the office and demand that they check again and very grudgingly they checked and found it in about 5 minutes. The housekeeping staff does not speak any English, so we could not ask them for anything. Do yourself a favor and book some place nicer. You will be glad you did.

Room Tip: Find somewhere nicer to stay, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Robin, thanks for your review. We are sorry the pool was out of service during your stay, no that we are improving the property as we speak with upgraded amenity and our goal is to provide our guest with the best of service. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me. Joe 301-588-4400 Thanks again

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Silver Spring

Address: 8040 13th Street / I-495, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Location: United States > Maryland > Silver Spring
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Silver Spring 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Silver Spring Hotel Silver Spring

If you own or manage Days Inn Silver Spring, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.