“Terrified” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Indianapolis
“Terrified”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am terrified to stay at this hotel. I am very upset that my friend booked at this hotel that has not gotten good reviews at all. Is it really as bad as everyone is stating, because I am so upset right now and already feeling as though my trip to DC is not going to be a good one. Why didn't I book this myself. I am used to 4 star hotels and this hotel got a one. HELP!! I will definitely update you guys.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pinellas Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was satisfied with my room, its comfort and cleanliness over my week long stay. Staff were helpful and friendly. My room rates was refreshingly low for Silver Spring, and discounted 10% for the weekly rate. My room came with free Wi-fi, a large cable TV, refrigerator, and microwave oven. There is a Subway that serves breakfast sandwiches and subs next door, and a Seven Eleven convenience store a block away on Georgia Avenue. The location is in a mediocre part of town, but walking distance to the Metro.

Room Tip: My room was located in the building attached to the lobby. Other reviewers may have stayed at the an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Joe06309, General Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
gilamark, Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you found your stay with us delightful and convenient, all with a great value. We will see you on your next trip here! Sincerely,General Manager, Joe Oden
Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had been in this hotel for 4 nights during my recent business trip to Silver Spring. It was a very decent hotel. The room was very clean, the wi-fi was very good and you have ample parking space to park your car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe06309, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear AshimB,

Thank you for your review, it is very appreciated. We are glad that you were able to enjoy 4 nights at our hotel. We work to provide the most helpful amenites for our guests and make your stay here as relaxing as possible. Your feedback helps our staff to know that their hard work is appreicated.

Hemantha Jillella
Joe Oden

Guest Relations Manager
HOPKINSVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel's stated no smoking policy is not enforced. The bathroom exhaust air HVAC system is not working. Smoke from guest next door (despite it being a No Smoking room!) wafted over through the common exhaust air duct.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear John T,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry this situation interruped your stay with us. We are concerned about the health of our guests and the General Manager and myself have brought this to the attention of our chief engineer to look into this situation. I do what to mention that we are renovating the property and we hope you will give us any other chance to earn your business again.

Please feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss this any further.

301-588-4400

Hemantha Jillella / Joe Oden

Guest Relations Manager / General Manger

Been to Days Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Silver Spring

Address: 8040 13th Street / I-495, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Location: United States > Maryland > Silver Spring
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Silver Spring 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Silver Spring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Silver Spring Hotel Silver Spring

If you own or manage Days Inn Silver Spring, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.