“Strange entrance and parking lot” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Old Greenwich
“Strange entrance and parking lot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice but the parking lot and entrance are a little strange. You have to drive by the hotel and then turn a corner to get to the parking lot and the signage is not good. You don't realize the public lot is also the hotel lot, but free parking on Sat-Sun which was nice. Hotel staff very nice and helpful. Room was comfortable. The temperature gauge didn't work too well so it was kind of cold in the room. The room itself was immaculate except there was no fan (or it didn't work) in the bathroom so it fogged up quickly. Accessible to shopping and restaurants in the area. All within walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room was actually right next to the elevator and it was still very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review. I do believe however that this review is for the downtown location that has a parking garage. We are out here in the north off of cherry hill road and our street address is 12521 Prosperity Drive.

However, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Marriott and I will pass on your comments regarding the thermostat and the fan to the GM of that location.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Have a wonderful day,

Danielle Hood

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night while visiting family. We checked in late and the front desk was staffed with a lovely woman whom was kind, polite and attentive. Quick check in, we found our room very clean and bright. The bistro was very convenient, for coffee and a light breakfast. The two gentleman that were attending to the Bistro were very friendly and kept the breakfast bar and tables very clean. A lovely courtyard is easily accessible from the dining area and was well kept with lots of seating areas and gardens. I will definitely return when I go to visit my son again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments. I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed our hotel here in Silver Spring North. We hope that you will really come back and see us again in the future.

Take care and have a great week!

Danielle M. Hood
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

One night stay while attending a concert in DC. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. By the amount of cars in the parking lot, it seemed there were many guests but it was still very quiet. The room was clean and that was what led to the one surprising glitch...the fitted sheet on one bed had a pretty ugly permanent stain. The sheet was clean but sleeping on it was still off putting. I know I could have called housekeeping but we discovered the stain when we returned to the hotel at 2:00 am and all we wanted to do was go to sleep. My daughter just laid the top sheet across it. If not for that, my rating would have been excellent instead of very good. We would definitely stay here again, I'm sure it was just an oversight. Many places to shop and eat in the vicinity. The drive into DC took us a half an hour on a Saturday afternoon but that could have been because of the government shutdown.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I am so terribly sorry that what appeared to be a good night was derailed by the stain that was on the fitted sheet. I can only imagine how disappointing that was to discover after a long day.

Please send our apologies to your daughter as well.

I will share your comments with our Housekeeping Department and we will be more careful in the future.

I am happy to hear that you will come back in the future. Please stop in and introduce yourself so that we may meet face to face.

Have a great day,

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for one night - four adults in 1 room.
Booked the reservation in advance for four adults.
All documentation said four adults.
Nice clean room, two queen beds were comfortable, no complaints - but how many towels for four adults?
Three.
Because we arrived late, didn't notice till the morning, and when we notified the front desk, more towels were delivered, but still, you lose two spots when you cannot match up the towels to be at least the same as the number of guests.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. We are happy that you thought our room comfortable and clean. I am sorry that we did not have the additional towel in the room for you. The rooms with two beds come with four towels so that was an oversight. We will have this addressed immediately with our Housekeeping Department.

Thanks for drawing this to our attention.

Please come and see us again should you return to the area.

Silver Spring North/Calverton Courtyard by Marriott
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

As a manufacturer's rep for 36 years, I have stayed at hotels hundreds, if not, thousands of times and never felt the urge to review. In this case, I can say that my prompt involved the cleanest hotel room that I have ever encountered. The room was immaculate, quiet and the location provided easy access to DC via car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. It was so very gratifying to read your review. I happy to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of your room. We are very proud of our Housekeeping Department and I will most certainly pass on your comments.

I hope that you will stay with us in the future should your travels return you to the area.

Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Here's the good:
This hotel is newly renovated. Check-in was excellent. The staff was efficient and polite. The entire property was quiet. The common areas were spotlessly clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the linens were snowy white. Free wi-fi.

Here's the bad:
A previous reviewer mentioned a lovely balcony. Our room had a balcony, but it was permanently locked (with a label stating "ATTENTION GUEST: THIS IS A PERMANENT LOCKING MECHANISM. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH. THANK YOU"). The amenities are basic, and not as they are currently depicted on picture #18 of 26 on the property description on this website. There was no body lotion or body wash. The condiment basket contained coffee but no tea. When we requested a tea bag, we were presented with one from the Bistro and charged $1.00 for it. Upon check-in we were informed that the pool would be open until 10:00 PM. We checked twice, at 8:30 & 9:30. The whirlpool and pool were covered and the door was locked both times.

Here's the ugly:
Our tub and sink had greasy films on them. The tub had an ugly dirty ring. We stood on a towel when we showered.

Misc. information:
If you are staying here to go to Silver Spring proper, this is not the place for you. It took 35 minutes to get into Silver Spring at 8:30PM Friday night (Google maps it as 12 minutes) because of heavy traffic - normal for the DC area.

The Marriott Bistro concept is a total loss. If you want food, you'll have to go out for it.

If you know anything about sustainability, you may find the large pictures of green leaves and multiple cardboard cards (with green ink) sitting around the room a bit disingenuous, but credit where credit is due - at least the pool and whirlpool were covered.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great comments on the cleanliness and the condition of the hotel. However, we are sorry that we disappointed you where the cleanliness of the bathroom tub, pool hours and the balcony door is concerned.

The balcony doors are locked on the first floor facing the exterior of the building as a safety feature. We do have locks that are on the upper floors but they are all able to be unlocked. I am not sure why the pool was closed. However there were some evenings in August where there were lightening strikes and the pool must be closed for an hour after the strike occurs. Perhaps that is the reason that the pool was closed. I will address this with our pool operator to ensure that this was the reason. Thank you for drawing to my attention the issue with your bathtub. I have spoken with our Housekeeping Department to ensure that we take immediate corrective action to prevent this from happening in the future.

Again, thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels return you to our area.

Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Courtyard Marriott on Prosperity Dr. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean. I requested a top-floor room. The hotel was very quiet even though there were many guests. Check-in was a breeze & all of the front desk employees were gracious & eager to answer any questions we had. I would definitely stay there again. Plus the beds are so comfortable you won't want to get out of them.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor & be sure to say if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review of the Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North/Calverton. I am gratified to hear that you enjoyed your rooms and the services at the hotel. I invite you to visit us in the future should your travels return you to the area.

Silver Spring Courtyard by Marriott

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!