“Clean, comfortable and contemporary” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean, comfortable and contemporary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel was chosen because of its proximity to my business assignment. But it turned out to be worthwhile for much more than proximity. The complimentary Internet access was reliable and very adequate enabling me to work early mornings and late evenings, keeping in touch with my Australian office and work tasks. The printer access was fantastic. The room was comfortable and very clean. The layout of the foyer used space well and came across as contemporary.
The staff were always responsive to needs, whether that was at check-in or day or evening or a simple error in the final account - which was fixed with no fuss and a positive spirit.
I can only give this hotel and its staff a very positive endorsement - and without doubt ONLY use THIS hotel whenever in the Silver Springs area.

Room Tip: It was not possible to function with the sliding door open in the room on the side nearest the main...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was so very pleased to read you comments. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and that the staff accommodated your needs. Thank you as well for the tip on the issue with the sliding glass door. I have passed this on to our Engineering Department for corrective action.

Thanks again for your patronage and we hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you should your travels return you to Silver Spring North.

Danielle Hood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Providence, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Recently stayed two nights while attending Family Weekend at U of Maryland. Usually stay at the Hampton Inn in College Park but their rates for this weekend were double what we paid at the Marriott ($93). The suite was large, extremely clean and very quiet. Bathroom was nicely updated and the shower was terrific. Beds were really comfortable -- the most comfortable of many recent hotel stays. And the A/C and refrigerator were quiet! Didn't wake us up by turning on and off all night.

Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Selam checked us in, upgraded our room to a king suite, which was a nice surprise, and suggested many local restaurants for dinner.

Fitness room was small. Tried to use it on two occasions but with two people already using it, we did not want to squeeze in.

The area is surrounded by car dealerships but close by are many chain stores and restaurants. We skipped the lobby breakfast (seemed a little expensive) and went to Friendly's right down the road.

All in all, we're glad we stayed here and drove the few extra miles to the University. It was well worth it to save on the room rate (for this weekend, anyway) and have such a nice room.

Room Tip: Room 358 was very quiet, at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I was delighted that we had the opportunity to serve you. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your room and the upgrade you received at check-in. I appreciate the compliment on our Front Desk Supervisor, Selam. I have passed on your comments and we have recognized her before our entire team.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I recently spent five days at the Courtyard and had a pleasant experience. The staff recently started having a "Wednesday evening" cookout in the courtyard. We chose to attend and were greeted with free brats, hamburgers, hotdogs, wine, and beer. The staff is courteous and friendly. We would consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Danielle and her crew (Selam checked us in and was very professional - hope I spelled your name right) run a tight ship at this hotel. My wife and I have stayed twice in the last 6 months and the staff went out of their way to ask how we were doing, if our needs were met, the room was spotless, and the hot tub/pool area was also clean.

Perfect!!!

PS - Danielle, if you read this...words cannot describe how much the upgrade meant to me and my wife. I'm not sure what I did in a past life to warrant it, but you have earned yourselves customers for life:-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your review and I must admit that it was especially heartwarming. I was so very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the upgraded room. I will share your comments with our Associates and we will celebrate. Here at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott we pride ourselves on providing the very best service to our guest's and I am glad that we provided that to you. I hope to personally meet you on your next visit.

Danielle
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at the Courtyard-Silver Spring North before and have found it to be comfortable and the staff accommodating. This one-night stay was no exception. Our room was clean and quiet. The bed was wonderful - I had such a good night's sleep, I slept later than I had planned and had to hurry to get ready to leave in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the Silver Spring area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review of the hotel. We are very proud of both our hotel and our Associates here at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. I will share your comments with my Team and celebrate! We look forward to serving you should your travels return you to our area in the future.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here one night on business - the staff was friendly/helpful and the room was spotless! Having had a bad experience on a past trip with the cleanliness of my room, this was paradise. I would stay here again undoubtably and would highly recommend it to friends/co-workers! A+

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Silver Spring North Courtyard by Marriott. My entire Team thanks you for taking the time to offer your feedback regarding your stay. I hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again should your travels return you to the Silver Spring area.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

A recent group booking brought us to this hotel. It is situated on the north end of the beltway and takes several miles to get there, which takes about ten minutes. The hotel is clean and somewhat updated. There is no breakfast included, but has a bistro at the hotel which you could order breakfast. There are many restaurants within a short driving distance, including a Chik Fil A, Paneras, IHOP in one direction and McDonalds and a Friendlys another direction. Target is also close-by. What we liked about this hotel is that the hotel is u-shaped and the rooms have balconies and porches for you to sit outside. The courtyard outside allows you sit with friends or throw a football around and get some exercise. The gym only has a few machines (one treadmil), but was rarely used. The pool was indoors and a reasonable size. It was maned by a lifeguard, but was closed until evening time during the week because of the lifeguard. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GreenbeltGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I am really happy we were able to accommodate you and your group. I was also happy to hear that our loaction to local restaurants and stores enhanced your stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I hope that you will stay with us in the future should your travels bring you back to the area.

Danielle Hood

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring North? Share your experiences!