“First Class from Start to Finish” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20% off
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Washington, DC
2,346 helpful votes 2,346 helpful votes
“First Class from Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed here 8 years ago when our home was under construction and loved it, so when we realized we were in the way while some interior upgrades/renovations were being made to the house, we decided to spend the week here again and it's just as good as it was 8 years ago! Everyone we've encountered has been wonderful and the rooms and common areas are clean and well maintained. Nice big elevators with adequate space to avoid crowding and eliminate the need to make more than one trip between the car and the room. Plus, a good breakfast spread to help start the day and an adequate dinner at the end of the day if you don't feel like going out. A good choice whether you're from out of town or just down the street!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stay here quite a bit. Gold Value. Clean and Staff is friendly and willing to please. The breakfast service is also good. This is what I expect when I go to a Marriott Property and believe me not all Marriott Properties are run the same.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is our third stay here, and we plan on returning here each time we are in the area. They do not serve alcohol with the evening meal, which is very family-friendly, as we travel with our two young boys. Their staff is what makes them outstanding. I have allergies to many cleaning products, and Sharna, as mentioned earlier, was very kind and acomodating as I tried out 5 rooms until I found one that didn't have the cleaning smells, and the manager said next time I could request a "green room", which was cleaned with just water and steam. We are Seventh-day Adventists, and do not eat any pork. I was absolutely delighted and astounded one evening when the food hostess brought out to us a separate dinner of barbeque chicken and a vegetable lasagna, which was different from the pulled pork everyone else was having. She had remembered from an earlier evening meal that I asked about an ingredient in the biscuits that looked like it could be bacon bits (but was dried tomato flakes), and prepared a separate entree just for our family! We have never ever had that kind of care and service at the hundreds of hotels we have stayed. The breakfast staff also was kind enough to leave the bacon off of the English muffin egg sandwiches for us the next morning. We usually do not try to make a fuss about our eating requirements, but they sure were going above and beyond the call of duty to make us feel welcome, and able to enjoy the full benefits of staying there. I highly recommend this hotel!

Green Features: They have "green rooms", cleaned without chemicals, upon request, if the reservations are made in advance. They offer for the towels and linens to be reused, or washed, upon request.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The welcome is real and inviting...from the lobby to our room!
Delicious, multiple selection breakfast is a great way to start your day after a restful sleep in a room with amenities that reflect a studio apartment.
Spotless, cozy mattress and linens, closet and dress or space. Did I mention the kitchenette, and on-site laundry and work-out space. Nice size pool and grounds.
We visit Silver Spring to celebrate our children/grandchildren, and treat ourselves to the Residence Inn.
We will be back, and recommend it highly for business, fun, conferences. Large mall across the way for any and all additional needs.

Room Tip: First floor is reasonably quiet, since the lobby, gym, and wash rooms distance you from the main tra...
Green Features: Excellent individual choices for linens and room updates. You have a choice...and it will be respected.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was a large property compared to other Residence Inns I have stayed. Room was spacious, services are good. Breakfast area was small compared to others but same level of service.
I did get free Wi-Fi and I didn't have to use any access code or anything.

Room Tip: Ask for 2 queens if you need extra bed - default seems to pullouts bed.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend get-away. It was a very pleasant experience. Sharna, at the registration desk, was gracious and greeted us very warmly. Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast buffet, clean well equipped guest room, comfortable and homey lobby area for gatherings or just relaxing. Convenient to a major highway and a nice shopping center across the street. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed February 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The staff was great and the room was nice but lack of wifi in the guest rooms is a deal breaker. I stay at many residence inns across the country and assumed wifi would be included. I hope this is something they change soon because I prefer RI hotels when I travel. I will most likely stay at the Courtyard when I visit the area next month.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
RI_Silver_Spring_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Johnny S,

Thank you for the nice comments regarding our associates at the hotel. With regard to the Wi-Fi, I am pleased to inform you we now have complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at our hotel should your travels bring you back to the Washington DC Metro Area.

Jason M.
Residence Inn Silver Spring

Been to Residence Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!