“Extremely good value for DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
“Extremely good value for DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Comfortable, clean place to stay. Convenient to transportation. A nice suburban feel. Happy hour and breakfast buffet. Had a little trouble finding it but then GPS took us right to it. Good for business travelers even though a lot of children were in hotel in July. Place is very quiet. Nice kitchen. Grocery nearby.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just stayed at this Residence Inn last weekend with 2 other adults. We shared a very comfortable room with a modern kitchenette and bathroom. The place was extremely clean. Service was excellent. And the room fee included a decent breakfast. We were able to drive into Washington, D.C. in about 20 minutes. The people working here seem to love their jobs and were happy and friendly. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RI_Silver_Spring_GM, General Manager at Residence Inn Silver Spring, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear LourdesNY,

Thank you for staying with us recently. I will share your comment about the cleanliness of the hotel with our housekeeping associates. I’m glad you were able to discover how convenient we are to Washington DC without some of the additional costs associated with staying in the District. We value and appreciate your recommendation.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a very nice, huge hotel. My room was very nice and clean (I am a fan of Residence Inns). It had a clean bathroom and fully equipped kitchen. There is a fantastic free buffet breakfast in the morning.

There’s plenty of free parking. NOTE: There is NO free wi-fi in the rooms, only the cable internet. So, if that’s an issue for you, don’t stay here. There IS free wi-fi in the lobby. There’s a coin laundry that’s was very useful.

The one thing I don’t like about certain Residence Inns (this one included), is that there are no king beds. It’s all either 2 bedroom suites, or 1 queen bed. The 2 bedroom suites are expensive. The suites are very big, so I don’t know why they don’t have king beds.

Because of the no king beds and no room wi-fi, I am only giving it 4 stars - otherwise, it definitely would have been a 5 star rating from me!

I would definitely stay here again and again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear tczig,

I am happy to hear you found the room clean during your recent stay with us. I understand not having Wi-Fi in the guestrooms can be inconvenient especially with the growing number of connected devices we have incorporated into our daily lives. I am happy to inform you we have begun the process to have Wi-Fi installed in the guestrooms. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Balmain, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with my husband and two children (aged 5 and 7) and I cannot fault a single aspect of this hotel. Firstly a hotel is only as good as the staff and this is where it shined. Every single person that we encountered had a ready smile and were full of help. They truly helped to make us feel like we were at a home away from home. The room had everything we needed including a good sized kitchen, and the bedrooms and bathrooms are a very good size for an urban hotel. The included breakfast is very generous and the hotel offers free dinners three nights a week.

Room Tip: Two bedroom apartments on a high floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Balmaingirl67,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel on your recent visit to the area. I really appreciate the kind comments about our associates. I will share your comments with our associates. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again if your travels bring you back to the Washington DC Metro Area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted and there were no issues with our online reservations. The room is immaculate; very modern. We love the layout of the room and the kitchenette has everything you could need. I was surprised to see a dishwasher! The staff is amazing and the continental breakfast exceeded our expectations. I'm actually looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning! Such an excellent hotel and I would recommend to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed September 2013
New Paris, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband was sent to DC on a business trip and we decided to join him for the 4 months. At this hotel we had a two bedroom, two bath suite on the third floor. It was surprisingly big for our family of 5! We had two girls in one room and my husband and I in the other room with our baby in a crib next to us. We had a full kitchen, free parking, walking distance to Target, Kohl's and ShopRite Grocery Store. The staff is extremely nice. Our two favorites were Jason The Manager and Miss Morgan, the food service lady. Social hour on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays worked out great for us. Breakfast was outstanding. You can get to DC by car in about a half hour. On the one occasion there was a sports team in the hotel keeping us from getting sleep, the front desk took care of the noise for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
South Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an extremely comfortable and affordable hotel in the DC area. The guest rooms are very large and modern - with full kitchens! The pool/jacuzzi and outdoor firepit areas are inviting, as is the lobby. The location is great - adjacent to shopping area for groceries, and a 15 minute drive to METRO subway stop and short ride from there into DC. Most importantly, the staff are very friendly and professional. Carol at the front desk was gracious and kind, and we were warmly welcomed as soon as we arrived. And, free dinner on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays was a great surprise.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Residence Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!