“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
Freeport, Bahamas
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here with my family in a one bedroom suite. The bedroom is rather tight, but the kitchen and living room area is a really spacious to relax. Even with the pull out couch out, you still have a lot of space in the front. The only drawback may be that the walls are thin, so you may want to bear that in mind. There is a TV in the bedroom and one in the living area. The hotel also offers free internet. You have a hardline connection in the room. Wifi is available in the lobby for your laptop.

The hotel is very clean and the staff is really friendly.

They offer breakfast everyday and lunch Monday to Thursday. The variety may not be all that good if you are staying for more than a week. However, the warm hospitality of the ladies who prepare and serve the food, allows you not to even notice that. The room comes with a full kitchen, so if you can cook for yourself if you want.

The hotel is across the street from a shopping plaza that has target, a wonderful Seventh-day Adventist Health food store and some other stores.

The hotel staff is really nice and make you feel at home.

If you are driving, note that if you come in late at night, you will have to park way in the back, as the good parking spots up front will gone.

Would stay here again. Had a great time

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the pool.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited this hotel for a night, the hotel was very nice, however, my 16 year old son pointed out that the bathroom was not cleaned and the towels looked dirty. I was surprised because this was not our first time at a Marriot. The room smelled stuffy and felt like no one visited it. I was scared to sleep in the bed, however, extreme exhaustion from driving for 15 hours and the fact that we got in at 12am made me went against my better judgment. Thank God the bed seemed clean.

Very disappointed in Marriott, someone need to monitor the staff that are cleaning these rooms. I stayed in room 331.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We just recently stayed here with our family for 3 nights on a trip to DC. Rooms were lovely, clean & updated. The hotel had a beautiful breakfast and dinner spread. The location is amazing. Right across the street is a gas station and a shopping center which has target, shoprite and other great stores. We chose to stay here and take the train into DC each day to tour. You will be happy with your stay!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two days over Memorial Day Weekend. It is centrally located, right across the street from a Target and close to quite a few restaurants & the highway. The room was exceptionally clean, which I can appreciate. I didn't make use of the kitchen but it was also immaculate. Given that is a family hotel I would request a room on the top floor if you don't want kids overhead. The night before we had a long drive home, it seemed as though kids were body slamming each other upstairs (bright & early). We are pretty understanding people & kids will be kids but after about an hour or so my husband called the front desk & explained the situation. Not even 10 minutes later it was very quiet. I appreciate customer service for contacting the party above us & I'm so thankful they were understanding and got their kids to quiet down. All in all it was a nice hotel & I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor for peace & quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels at all levels (from 2 stars to 5 stars hotels) - The hotel staf in this one was bar far the most consistent in "customer service" !!!
Ms. Dunia was exeptionall leader of the rest of the staff, from the front desk to the breakfast team to room service! Keep up the good work!!!
I highly recomand this hotel!

Room Tip: I took the room facing the street away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We stayed for two nights in a "small" room, which included a sleeping area, sitting area, and a full kitchen, including a full size refrigerator. Oh, yes - and a bathroom! Everything was clean and comfortable. At check-in we were offered a choice of rooms (which floor, near or far from the elevator). The included breakfast was very good as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay within a three week period. The hotel is big and gives the impression it is very welcoming. Looks are deceiving, at first glance we've noticed burgers tossed in the parking lot, broken grey goose bottle and other debris just as we stepped outside our rental. I must admit the front desk staff was very pleasant and the general manager didn't look like he wanted to engage in conversation much with his guests. The breakfast and dinner staff were very caring,polite and fun to enjoy a laugh with.

*Rooms: Again at first glance everything looked so beautiful. Although the room we checked into smelled heavy of smoke. I ignored it and opened up the windows just for the sake that we could get some rest. The windows had dead stink bugs infested in the screens. The kitchen had a nice accent and was very clean until I noticed the disposal was clogged and mentioned it to the front desk. It took roughly 10 minutes before a maintenance guy responded only to ask what the problem was. He then left and another 10 minutes passed when I spoke to the front desk they told me he might have already left, I was furious! He came and apologized. I mentioned there was hair in my bathroom(I'm a 33 year old bald dad of two kids, I have no hair) he apologized for that too. To top it off the bed sheets were really damp,easy to get sick in the conditions of this fluctuating weather this area has.

Overall, polite staff but not enough staff to keep up with presentation of Marriott hotels. I have stayed at plenty other Marriott brands through the east coast and value my platinum status. This hotel is possibly the rookie chain of them all. By far the most unsatisfactory of all the properties I've stayed at. My experience differs from others but as a loyal member to Marriott for 11 years I expect a lot more than a motel 6 replica.

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Residence Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!