“Customer Service Made Everything Better” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Silver Spring
New York City, New York
“Customer Service Made Everything Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two days over Memorial Day Weekend. It is centrally located, right across the street from a Target and close to quite a few restaurants & the highway. The room was exceptionally clean, which I can appreciate. I didn't make use of the kitchen but it was also immaculate. Given that is a family hotel I would request a room on the top floor if you don't want kids overhead. The night before we had a long drive home, it seemed as though kids were body slamming each other upstairs (bright & early). We are pretty understanding people & kids will be kids but after about an hour or so my husband called the front desk & explained the situation. Not even 10 minutes later it was very quiet. I appreciate customer service for contacting the party above us & I'm so thankful they were understanding and got their kids to quiet down. All in all it was a nice hotel & I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a top floor for peace & quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels at all levels (from 2 stars to 5 stars hotels) - The hotel staf in this one was bar far the most consistent in "customer service" !!!
Ms. Dunia was exeptionall leader of the rest of the staff, from the front desk to the breakfast team to room service! Keep up the good work!!!
I highly recomand this hotel!

Room Tip: I took the room facing the street away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We stayed for two nights in a "small" room, which included a sleeping area, sitting area, and a full kitchen, including a full size refrigerator. Oh, yes - and a bathroom! Everything was clean and comfortable. At check-in we were offered a choice of rooms (which floor, near or far from the elevator). The included breakfast was very good as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay within a three week period. The hotel is big and gives the impression it is very welcoming. Looks are deceiving, at first glance we've noticed burgers tossed in the parking lot, broken grey goose bottle and other debris just as we stepped outside our rental. I must admit the front desk staff was very pleasant and the general manager didn't look like he wanted to engage in conversation much with his guests. The breakfast and dinner staff were very caring,polite and fun to enjoy a laugh with.

*Rooms: Again at first glance everything looked so beautiful. Although the room we checked into smelled heavy of smoke. I ignored it and opened up the windows just for the sake that we could get some rest. The windows had dead stink bugs infested in the screens. The kitchen had a nice accent and was very clean until I noticed the disposal was clogged and mentioned it to the front desk. It took roughly 10 minutes before a maintenance guy responded only to ask what the problem was. He then left and another 10 minutes passed when I spoke to the front desk they told me he might have already left, I was furious! He came and apologized. I mentioned there was hair in my bathroom(I'm a 33 year old bald dad of two kids, I have no hair) he apologized for that too. To top it off the bed sheets were really damp,easy to get sick in the conditions of this fluctuating weather this area has.

Overall, polite staff but not enough staff to keep up with presentation of Marriott hotels. I have stayed at plenty other Marriott brands through the east coast and value my platinum status. This hotel is possibly the rookie chain of them all. By far the most unsatisfactory of all the properties I've stayed at. My experience differs from others but as a loyal member to Marriott for 11 years I expect a lot more than a motel 6 replica.

Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a very positive experience with our stay at the Residence Inn Silver Spring. We booked a 2-bedroom suite that was roomy and comfortable. The hotel looks very modern, was clean, and had nice amenities. Since it was early April, we weren't able to use the outdoor ones (pool, BBQ area, etc) but they looked great. It's located right at a shopping plaza with a gas station, Target, etc, also which was convenient. I would definitely stay here again if traveling to the DC area and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: The 2-bedroom suites are very roomy. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom also.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Portland, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just came back from a week stay during son's spring break at this Residence Inn. We were both quite happy with the room. It was spotlessly clean. Which is the main thing I want from a hotel room! The bed was fine. The room had a flat screen TV. The only minor complaint is that the room did NOT have wireless. Nowadays, with iPhones, etal, having wireless in the room is becoming a necessity.

The breakfast was fine. I liked the egg mcmuffins, the pancakes, the hash browns. My son loved the cereal bar and the waffles.

We stayed here due to friends living in Silver Spring, but this turned out to be a great choice for visiting Washington DC. Every morning we drove the couple miles to the "Glenmont" metro station, which ALWAYS had a parking spot and cost $5 to park all day. We took the metro into Washington DC, about a 15 minute ride. This worked great and I would stay here again if I was touring DC. It beats dealing with parking and the stopped-dead-traffic of Washington.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

EXCEPTIONAL COSTUMER SERVICE
All the staff was very helpful, but Mrs. Semhar had outstanding customer service. She went out of her way to help us in renting a car, giving instruction how to go to Washington DC and then referring us to another Marriot in DC. All of these were about 3 hours in customer service.
Thank you Mrs. Semhar

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Silver Spring? Share your experiences!