“Another Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
Richmond, Virginia
“Another Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I travel to the area quite often for business. I could stay at other hotels which are closer but I have found week after week the staff and accommodations to be superior at the Downtown Courtyard. The staff is very friendly and helpful from restaurant recommendations to directions. There are a number of great restaurants nearby. The rooms and public areas are clean. I will be staying there my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown. I am pleased to hear that we met your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
Cheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great place. Nice stay. Cool area and neat pool. parking fee lower than in DC! Room was well appointed. Staff was very knowledgeable and helpful when asked for advice on travel plans. The area is full of activity. Shopping, nightlife, restaurants and convenient to everything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind words regarding your most recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that both our associates and our accommodations met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

My first visit to this hotel. The room was very small for a king size bed with a pull out sofa bed. The room also included a dorm size refrigerator. The room was quiet,clean and the bed was comfortable. A great selection of cable tv stations. The staff was curteous and accomadating. A plus for the free access to the fantastic Washington Sports Fitness Center - great equipment. My only complaint is with the Bristo Hotel resturant. The service was horrible, extremely slow only one person on duty in the evening and on weekends.I had to wait approximately 30 minutes before I could receive service because the server/cook had to deliver a room service meal to someone else. I paid $8 for a overpriced cold burger. After my cold burger I later discovered the hotel has a micro wave in the quick store next to the front desk. I would return again but never buy food from the Hotel Bistro. The hotel is in walking distant to alot of great resturants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to comment on your experience while a guest with us. Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received in our Bistro. I have made our Restaurant Manager aware of your concerns and we will do whatever it takes to correct the issue so that no other guests have to experience the same situation. I sincerely regret the frustration and disappointment this has caused you and I assure you that your experience is not the standard to which we aspire, nor which our guests have a right to expect. Again, appreciate your comments and I look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I usually stay at a y Marriot Courtyard whenever I have the chance, as I feel like at home and starting from the reception the welcoming is exemplary.
This hotel is close to everything. You trip and you find what you need :-).
Room are clean and spacious as usual. I did not have any problem with anything. However, yes yhere is a however. The bathtub had rust and is so small. My recommendation to management is to get rid of these bath tubs which probably no one is using and to replace them with showers.
Thanks for the cookies and lemonade in the afternoon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay with us. I would love the opportunity to follow up with you and address your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon and of course welcoming you back on your next trip to Silver Spring.

cherylb@cy-silverspring.com

Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

The Marriott Courtyard - Silver Spring, MD is strategically located downtown next to an IMAX theater, several restaurants and retail stores.

Hotel guests are provided free access to Washington Sports and Fitness which is connected to the hotel.

The hotel staff is extremely friendly and the bartender (Jan) is known for his tasty and potent Long Island Ice Teas:)

Definitely a place I enjoy coming back to when I am working in the DC area!!

• Stayed August 2014
Hi Sean, Thank you for this wonderful review of our hotel. I will share your comments with Jan as I'm sure he will be so thrilled to have been recognized. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a great weekend.
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, which I chose this time based on convenience and price as well as my overall experience last time I stayed. As during my last visit, the weekday $13/day parking fee at the attached public parking garage did not apply on the weekend, so I only had to pay for a few hours parking after 7 AM before my Monday morning checkout.

I arrived in the evening, and check-in was flawless. The room was spacious and comfortable and the amenities were as I remembered them. So far, so good.

In the morning, I had an early breakfast and then returned to my room to await to be picked up by family to spend the day. However, my key no longer opened the door to my room. The staff at the front desk assumed I had demagnetized my key, although it worked fine in the elevator, and I received a new one. This one failed to open my door as well. I suggested that someone with a master key try to open my door, which would confirm whether the problem was with the door or my keys. Five minutes later, a member of the maintenance staff failed to open my door with his key, concluding the battery in the door lock was run down.

Unfortunately, only the engineer could check and replace the battery and he was not scheduled to arrive until after I departed. Luckily, I had taken all the things I needed for the day to breakfast with me, otherwise the problem could have put a severe crimp in my visit. I spent the next several hours, however, walking around the deserted streets (Sunday morning) or waiting in the lobby. Although I turned it down, the front desk staff did offer to allow me to relax in another room while I waited, which I appreciated. After leaving for my day's activities, I received a call from the hotel mid-afternoon to let me know the battery had been replaced and the lock now worked.

On one hand, I was disappointed that no staff member was on site Sunday morning who could get me into my room; on the other hand, given this constraint, I felt like the staff handled my situation professionally, including making reasonable accommodations to me as a valued customer.

Although I expect the problem I had with my door is infrequent, I was surprised that the hotel did not have a way to address it quickly. I suggest that the hotel develop a plan to ensure that a qualified staff member is on site (or on call and reasonably close) 24/7 when similar problems arise.

Based on my experience during my previous visit and the staff's professionalism both times, I would be comfortable returning to this Courtyard in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your very detailed review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and I apologize that we did not handle the lock situation in a more appropriate manner. I will share your comments with our team in order to provide better service in the future and we will look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Best Regards
Ocean City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The first reason to stay here is location. Walking distance from metro, one block from Discovery Center, in part of the downtown Silver Spring mall area. Multiple parking garages for $13 a day. Rooms were comfortable, staff was helpful, and the in hotel food service good for a quick lunch or breakfast. The fitness center is the local gym with everything you could want. The small courtyard was pleasant. Would stay there again in the need arose.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for that wonderful review. I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay. We hope you come back soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown? Share your experiences!