“Very good. Would recommend for the business traveler.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Silver Spring
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Very good. Would recommend for the business traveler.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A very nice Marriott Courtyard. It has the new lobby and bistro which is convenient. The location right in the center of town makes it convenient for other restaurants, eateries, if you want to go out. The staff was friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. As a business traveler I particularly liked that the alarm clock had an iPhone charger built in. I can't tell you how many times I forget a charger. I wish all hotels had this! Overall a pleasant stay and I will be back if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

For us, fairly well-traveled, there were a lot of positives. They gave me just what I had requested when reserving: a quiet room away from the elevator. I guess those were the extra down pillows I ordered on the relatively comfy bed, though when we return I'd like a couple more. Nice mini-fridge that was cold on arrival. Good and amply stocked in-room coffee service. Trash cans were lined, unlike one pricey property we just stayed at. Wi-fi was good and free, the TV was better than said recent pricey property -- it even got RTE for the hubster! Awesome location near ice skating rink (wheeee-- do it!), Whole Foods, Baja Fresh, CVS, Marshalls and more. The desk clerk was grace under pressure, checking us in calmly amidst ringing phones and a growing queue (note to management: give her a hand, please). We didn't get the hang of not paying for parking on the weekend, but paying for the parking on Friday afternoon... but suffice it to say that we parked for just $4 for 24 hour and that's a steal just about anywhere. I was able to control the room temp and use the continuous fan without a problem. The carpets seemed fairly clean, as did the main room and bed linens.

The problems - which I have shared with Marriott via their Customer Care -- came in the bathroom, where the towels were not pleasant in texture, smell or appearance (e.g., flat, crunchy, and smelled like whatever my sports club recently switched to for their towels, def. not Tide with Bleach Alternative). They appeared greyish in cast though that could have been the lighting. However, there was a stain on the bath mat and one of the towels just didn't seem clean to me. Then there was the problem with the diverter from tub to shower. It didn't work. Well, it worked about 50%, pushing some of the water into the shower head but leaving the other 50% to quickly fill the tub around our ankles during both of our showers so that we were standing in what one might call a "tubower." The result was unhygienic and unpleasant. I realize there's a lot for housekeeping to check but this is not something that should ever happen. We were only there a night or we would have had management address it for us.

We are returning and liked this particular room for its space and quiet location, and hopefully we can stay there again but with the shower situation fixed. Hoping they do a better quality control job with the towels in future, if they aren't going to crazy bleach and fluff them old school which would be my preference.

Room Tip: 521 was quiet but only if they fix shower situation
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheryl B, General Manager at Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review and for your loyalty to Marriott. Your review will assist our future guests tremendously. I am disappointed that your experience was not up to our standards or the standards you have of a Marriott property. I will share this review with my team and we will work together to correct the issues that you experienced. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Thank you again for your comments.

US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel has a fantastic location... It's within steps to restaurants, malls, a drugstore, and a movie theater. The staff is very nice and helpful. While the rooms are relatively updated, I found mine not to be very clean and the a/c was very loud and did not work well. Internet was free, but a bit spotty.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you like the location and the surrounding area. I am disappointed that we did not provide you with a spotless room as is our goal and I will forward your comments on to our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I like the Courtyard in Silver Spring due to the proximity to downtown, and the Metro station which is a short distance away. Here in business? Here for vacation? Either way, this hotel is convenient, affordable, and offers great service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time for review our hotel. I'm glad that our hotel is convenient for your needs. I hope you will come back and see us again.

Regards,
Cheryl
west palm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I spent the past weekend at this hotel.

What I liked:
-Room rates were competitive and fair
-Rooms were spacious and well appointed
-Free mini fridge in the room was very convenient
-Beds were very comfortable and was able to get excellent sleep as the blinds plus liner were thick enough to block out all the light
-Rooms were quiet as I heard no outside noise...though I was on the 9th floor
-Lots of spots to walk to within 3 minutes ie CVS, Whole Foods, Baja Fresh, Starbucks, Chick Fila, Marshalls
-The metro (subway) is also within walking distance...about 10 minutes or you can take the complimentary shuttle offered by the hotel

What I did not like:
-The prior reviewer said they received complimentary coffee in the lobby at the Bistro Bar. Well I was not able to duplicate such. The front desk informed me that the only free coffee is in the form of the coffee supplied in the room!
-I would have been happier if there was an in room safe for my valuables.
-The towels were a bit on the thin side and could do with replacement.

All in all, would I return?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and will come and see us again. The free coffee program has been removed from our Bistro and we have received mixed reviews. I appreciate your comments and have made changes on the towels that are in our guest rooms. We continually strive to provide the best service and product for our guest and your comments will help us achieve that goal. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is situated in the downtown area of Silver Spring, within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, movies. Even though it is located in a busy area, the room was quiet and the beds very comfortable - as is usual with Marriott properties. What surprised us about this particular Courtyard was that they still served free coffee to guests in the morning. All you have to do is ask for the free brewed coffee at the Bistro Bar. It was also nice that we were upgraded to a very nice suite. Will definitely stay here again. An extra bonus is that parking is free on the weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We spent four nights at this fantastic hotel!!! We were greeted with smiles as we checked in and each time we had any questions or requests the staff was friendly, accommodating and eager to help. We had a lovely room, which was spacious and spotlessly clean, with a king-size bed and sofa. The quiet room and comfy bed promoted a restful relaxing stay. Since it was a hot week, we particularly enjoyed having an efficient air-conditioner. Our room was cool and comfortable.

The hotel is across from a Whole Foods grocery store and CVS, a huge plus for us after travelling. The mini-fridge and the complimentary coffee/tea were also appreciated. The location is excellent; there are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance from the hotel. One can also get to DC quickly by Metro. The lobby/sitting room area of the hotel, close to their Bistro, has nice comfortable decor and was an excellent place to meet up with others before going out.

We highly recommend this hotel, for its friendly staff, clean rooms and great location. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I'm happy to hear that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your time in Silver Spring. We hope you come and see us again the next time you are in the Silver Spring area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Silver Spring
Homewood Suites Silver Spring
Homewood Suites Silver Spring
#2 of 12 in Silver Spring
4.0 of 5 stars 294 reviews

Been to Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown? Share your experiences!