This mid-range business hotel has pitched every aspect of their hotel just right. It gets the fundamentals right: clean, well-organized, all the essentials, decent quality shampoo and other toiletries, mini-fridge that works, responsive air-conditioning unit, etc.
Then there are some nice extras: genuinely welcoming and engaged staff, super comfortable bed, thoughtfully organized workspace with free wi-fi, functional lobby space organized so that guests feel genuinely welcome to hang out, coffee maker that doesn't require the water to run through the filter so my tea doesn't taste like coffee!! I thought the restaurant was slightly overpriced, but quite decent, and is a clever hybrid of snack bar, bar, and restaurant. I had a delicious Asian chicken salad that was delicious.
The location is great: restaurants, theater, drug store, and Whole Foods within a few steps. Metro is an easy 5-minute walk (even in 90 degree heat!)
All in all, an excellent value and a very pleasant place to stay for solo travelers or couples. The rooms are big, so families would be comfortable here, but do note their prominently displayed notice that the swimming pool is NOT a pool for kids, but is in the health club for lap swimming only.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel Silver Spring
- Courtyard By Marriott Silver Spring Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard Silver Spring Downtown
- Courtyard Silver Spring
- Silver Spring Marriott
- Silver Spring Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard hotel in Silver Spring, MD, is located in the middle of an exciting new mixed-use redevelopment project encompassing four city blocks in the heart of Downtown. This inside-the-beltway hotel offers everything you need to work and play, including free high-speed internet access, iPod docking stations, luxury bedding and an array of business services. Located just across the street from Discovery Communications' worldwide headquarters, this Silver Spring, Maryland, hotel is readily accessible by car and mass transit, and is recognized as a vibrant addition to the community. Guests will enjoy a bounty of retail, dining and entertainment opportunities- all within easy walking distance from our downtown Silver Spring hotel. Some of the major corporations and businesses nearby include the American Film Institute's Silver Theater, Round House Theatre, Discovery Communications, FDA, NOAA, Bethesda Naval Medical Center, and Walter Reed Hospital. We look forward to you welcoming you to our hotel suites in Silver Spring, Maryland ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Silver Spring Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.